Remember when we all wore pants?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Nov 25, 2020.

1. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

No sweat pants for me unless I'm exercising. Can't stand wearing them around in my daily travels. And I never wear PJs. Jeans or slacks always.

Telenator and RomanS like this.
  2. Roman4405

Roman4405 Tele-Meister

I wear cargo shorts all the time. Along with Vans or adidas and some kind of t-shirt and what my 15 year old calls a dad hat. Levi’s and polos or a flannel or something to work (gotta look professional). Say what you will about cargo shorts though, with three kids those pockets are super useful.

3. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Jeans and cowboy boots if I go out of the house. Always !

gregulator450 and RomanS like this.
  4. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nothing says, "I give up!" like sweat pants.

5. GeneB

GeneB Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I've worn pants a few times this year just these past two weeks. I have a dog to walk and in the early mornings it's down to the low 60's here in Tampa. That's close to freezing for us Floridians. Once it warms up to 80 or so I change into my cargo shorts and tee - standard dress fare here.

6. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Classic pot calling the kettle black when folks who spend their days in pajama bottoms or (tragically) sweat pants, point fingers at us manly lumberjacks in our (cargo or not) shorts!

Wait, what am I saying, black is beautiful...

gregulator450 likes this.
  7. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dickie's non-cargo shorts year-round for me (it's not Angus, but probably more nu-metal), although my wife started requesting that I wear long pants when making performance videos with my current band.

8. gregulator450

I grew up on a farm. Only ever once tried to buck hay bales in shorts...

brookdalebill likes this.
  9. gregulator450

Duplicate post...oops

10. telemnemonics

Hay is indeed nasty itchy abrasive stuff!

I wear shorts gardening all summer, and get lots of attention from pretty girls who want to tend to my wounds.

11. gregulator450

Sounds like a brilliant master plan!

telemnemonics likes this.
  12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yeah, I don't cut down trees with an axe, while wearing shorts. Steel toed boots, and the heaviest jeans I own - and I still with I had some leggings or gaiters should the axe take a devilish turn.

But this is also a good time to dispense with all the brush, as best you can. Then you can go back to shorts without getting so scratched up.

One thing I have been doing wrong, for years, is buying "Bermuda Shorts" and then not wearing them with the correct accessories:

[​IMG]

Sure, I've got my black and navy Hopsack blazers, but when I am gonna wear that, naturally I've gone to long trousers as well.

gregulator450 likes this.
  13. gregulator450

I felled a tree with a chainsaw in shorts once, but I made sure to put on my saw chaps before I fired up the saw! :D:lol:

I have always worn long pants and good boots when working with an axe.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  14. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Some folks in the USA get Bermuda and the Bahamas mixed up.

But I remember some kids in school in Upstate New York and they had connections to Bermuda and went there fairly often.

I heard about these locals, dressed up for dinner or the office but wearing shorts. I figured it must getting really hot there. Maybe for Buffalonians, but not really.

I can't figure out why this permutation arose. It simply appears too moderate, even in August, for shorts to be that crucial in Bermuda.

So, for those of you who go there, what gives? I mean, Malaysia, I guess I could understand. But Bermuda is actually, on paper at least, delightfully mild.

15. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Don't forget velcro sneakers.

RomanS and bgmacaw like this.
  16. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

I need a new set of those. Time to add them to my Amazon Christmas list.

Wallo Tweed likes this.
  17. telemnemonics

I was recording a little rendition of God rest ye merry gentleman to send the in laws today, in a way I adapted it years ago to get through to old timers. Playing it this morning using a big muff screaming sound I noticed it sounded a bit like bagpipes!

My wife got that maybe before I realized it, and her parents prefer living in Ireland but are stuck in Nor Cal now.

Anyhow, I sent them the bagpipes tune and asked my wife to put a kilt on my Christmas list!

18. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have shop jeans and casual jeans and dress jeans...all of them with a little "stretch". :) IN the last 8 years or so that I was working full time (technical sales). I wore the latter pretty much every day, even when meeting with CEOs and upper level Federal government folks. Can't beat Duluth Trading DuluthFlex for comfort and not looking like "blue jeans".

Shorts are ok in the summer for leisure, but not a good choice for working in my shop or around the property. I actually wore shorts a lot less this summer for some reason than previous, but then again, there were no trips to Florida since January, both because my mother passed away and because of that, um...pandemic...thing.

Saw a "more mature" gentleman the other day in an olive drab kilt when I was at the hardware store...

19. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

[Insert picture of man slapping his forehead]

I didn't think about it earlier but I wore shorts
    for most of my working life because I worked in
    bicycle shops and shorts and t-shirts are standard dress all year 'round, at least in Texas.
    It is normal to test ride bikes every day, multiple times. Doesn't have to be 'bike shorts.'
    It was common in Houston (no temps less that 20 degrees) to never wear long pants working at a bike shop.
    Also, most bike shop mechanics (and in most shops everyone is a mechanic/salesperson/shipping and receiving/etc/etc) wear a denim shop apron.

M

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.