1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Remember The Goodwill LP Special? It's Back!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ElJay370, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

Issues addressed, strung up, and ready to rock....

Torren61, CWP0126, John Owen and 7 others like this.
  2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

I watch Matt all the time. He does come up with some fine gear doesn't he? Some I look at and say what is all that stuff doing in Oklahoma? lol

stepvan and Cadillac_Mike like this.
  3. Cadillac_Mike

Cadillac_Mike Tele-Meister

Wow, what did he pay for it and seriously; who donates a 1958 LP to The Goodwill? You might as well drive a Shelby GT500 to The Goodwill drop-off. "Whoa, sweet car man! What are you bringing in today?" "Here's the keys and the pink slip is in the glove box..."

uriah1 likes this.
  4. Denton

Denton Tele-Meister

That is tone and talent.

5. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

That kid must be a trust fund baby to be able to afford all that vintage gear

6. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I think the guitar was in one of the Carolinas. I was watching the auction because Goodwill auctions get out-of-control stupid. I think it sold for just under $6k, and who knows how much more money this guy put into it?

I have a hard time watching/listening to this guy talk for very long, but he can play.

Edit: damn, that guitar sounds great, and when he whispers "Oh yeah" at 5:12, I was doing the same thing. Maybe I like this dude quite a bit more now, and letting it feed back for a few seconds? Perfect!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    jkats, Cadillac_Mike and dented like this.
  7. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

That is waaaay too cool

8. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Well I will tell you this, as someone who had spent a stint of time out west the saying was "there is only 2 things to do out here drink and...well the other involves a female companion. So with all the board people one of the things surely was making music and learning guitar, bass, drums what have you to get thru the day. Personally I loved the west and looking forward to the storm to clear to take a trip back out west.

9. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

I think he paid just shy of 6 grand...and probably put about $1500 more into it.

Who donates a '58 Les Paul to Goodwill? In this case, I'd guess grand kids who don't know anything about guitars and don't care to sift through grandpa's old junk...they just want it gone.

10. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

YouTube is very lucrative if you have followers and subscribers. A guy I went to high school with quit his full time job and just reviews knives on youtube now. He's doing pretty well. That's why every YouTube video now begs you to click like and subscribe.

1 21 gigawatts, jvin248 and ElJay370 like this.
  11. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I keep looking at that guitar trying to decide if I like it or not. Just. Wow.

12. DougM

He had expensive vintage gear even when he first started doing YouTube, so I stand by what I said

13. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Afflicted

Or maybe he's a smart guy who works his ass off 60 hours a week and knows how to hustle.

14. peteycaster

peteycaster Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Wow. I remember the first vid too. How good does that thing sound? I'm a recent convert to P90's and I love the sound of that guitar. The guy can play too so it's not like it's going to waste. I'm not a Les Paul guy either but that's a magnificent piece of gear. Jealous.

gregulator450 likes this.
  15. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

bender66 and ElJay370 like this.
  16. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

You guys are soooooo gullible. Perpetuate the myth so that he can make a tidy profit in 12 months, when he decides to sell it.

He spent over $7k on a pile of junk but is smart enuf to know, with his talent and YT channel, he can amp it up to myth status. And u suckers are complicit.

U don't think he cud make a $600 Epiphone sound as good? Clearly there is no myth status in an Epi.

Of course it sounds as good as any burst he has ever heard.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  17. DougM

Yeah right! He works 60 hours a week and still somehow has enough time to buy, sell, and rebuild vintage gear, and make YouTube videos about it all.

18. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Holic

This. I know nothing about the guy, but I enjoy watching his videos. He now has 4 videos about this guitar with probably a million views in total. YouTube bought that guitar.

It also sounds like he sells a lot of the gear that he buys, and I guarantee he turns a healthy profit since people can see the guitars featured on his YouTube channel.

I say, good for him. He has found a way to make money doing what he loves. That is the messure of true success.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.