Telefied
Gold Supporter
Before they got too artsy some would advertise their new and upcoming artists
0512B294-0B68-4217-9888-32377B86467C.jpeg
7C41726E-C93A-4959-930C-F0B91DB94DF4.jpeg

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yes, they had promotions for their sampler records of new artists and/or music by musos signed to Warner Brothers/Reprise. Cheap, as in a buck or two. Pretty good stuff!

I owned a few of those albums.
One was called Schlagers.
They had artists like Wild Man Fisher and the GTO’s.
Fun stuff, great memories.

Last edited:

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Before the days of the internet, this was one of the major ways that I learned about other music. Kids these days, they don't know how hard it was to be an informed music listener back in the day...
And I used to carry my entire music collection(including both those Vanguard Mississippi John Hurt LPs) backwards and forwards to college in one of these

GE4101-vinyl-record-carry-caseImageMain-515.jpg

Chester P Squier

Tele-Afflicted
Yup!
Warner Brothers/Reprise records always had interesting sleeves.

Yes, they had promotions for their sampler records of new artists and/or music by musos signed to Warner Brothers/Reprise. Cheap, as in a buck or two. Pretty good stuff!

I owned a few of those albums.
One was called Schlagers.
They had artists like Wild Man Fisher and the GTO’s.
Fun stuff, great memories.

The albums were actually free. The dollar or two was for shipping and handling.

IIRC Schlagers was the easy-listening one, more or less. At least more pop than rock.

spupilup

Tele-Meister
We're Only in it For the Money was a take off of the Sgt. Pepper inserts. I had them in the copy my sister handed down to me when she went away to college. I always thought the inserts were cool. I also got the four pictures of The Beatles and the large folding page of lyrics with photos on the opposite side with her copy of the White Album. It was that said The Beatles in raised print but was not colored grey like later pressings. She was 16 when that album came out and while I don't remember, I was 8, I'd be she was the first on the block to have a copy.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Have a number of those. Also the posters that would come with some albums. Sadly the only one I can think of that comes to mind is Spanky and Our Gang.