1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Relic'd Cars?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stanford Guitar, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Yeah, playing football in the road is sad and also really dangerous!

2. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

In my trail building and ski are management realm there are people with fancy pickup trucks who can't get them dirty or try something stupid off road that will cost them $1000s to fix. At same time there are a few of us who do more off-roading and real work with our station wagons and minivans.

The most inane in this pickup truck as alter ego is purposely making your carries nothing pickup have the back sag or more black exhaust come out the pipe. Hard for me to get because I grew up in a life where the goal was not have to have a crummy ride in a pickup and to make your diesels run as best and clean as you can.

It's safe to say my wagon is a relic'd car but that took 8 years of trail building, ski area operations, and actually driving off road 2-7 times a week.

3. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

G sus, I come here and get guitar and amp gas, and now I have this hit me square in the face!! If the wife would let me live I would bring you 15 C notes and a trailer. I actually know a guy who might be interested, I will let him know. Motor and tranny go with it, right?

4. Jukers

Jukers TDPRI Member

Yea, it is a thing. I like the look of a little tattered vehicle with good solid mechanics underneath. I've lived in some rough areas and the prettier your car is the more chance you have of getting it broken into.

5. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

Yes. PM me and I'll send my cell number.

6. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

I understand the actual patina, fading and oxidization... not my thing but I get it... but when they start sanding the paint off and it looks poorly sanded, finger sanded and not feathered out they look like an unfinished paint job someone started... sandpaper does not create patina and is not a relic finish on cars or guitars.

buster poser likes this.
  7. CajunJ

CajunJ Tele-Holic

They weren’t playing in the road. They were players on the team who didn’t play and as we walked to the practice field we crossed a road and that’s where they scuffed them.

8. SKEsq

SKEsq TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Maybe not "relics" like in the guitar world, but here is some actual junk I drove around in.
    '69 Squareback with "solid" floors.
    IMG_2878_1.JPG
    '67 Beetle with mere suggestions of a floor.
    Bug.jpg
    Bug 2.jpg

9. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Understood!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.