Relic Visualization on Computer

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I'm not into relic'ing, but when I took a picture of my 2021 Jazz Bass and 1969 Strat side-by-side, I couldn't help but notice that the difference in pic guards is almost jarring. Just for grins, I colored the Jazz Bass pick guard. I'm not going to display the guitars on the wall, so it doesn't matter, but the picture with matching pick guards looks better to me.

1642599707773.png

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I was expecting old computers.

Unintentional clickbait. ;)

I do have a Toshiba laptop from the '90s that still works. It looks like it's hardened against an EMP, it's less powerful than my iPhone, and it cost about $3000 new.

Last edited:

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
I was hoping someone else also has a bin full of old computer peripherals, like zip drives, external 3 1/2" drive and a bunch of cords that don't connect to anything anymore.
Add four old retired laptops, two desktops, and three CRT monitors to that list and you have a fair description of the closet in my home office.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
You cannot trust computers. They do stuff like this while we're sleeping.

Hendrix-Johnson.jpg
Haven't seen the first one before, but would have been better if they made it all black and white.

By the way, I have a laptop that's over 10 years old and some of the paint is worn off near the trackpad. I did post a pic on the forum at one time, but I don't feel like looking for it.

Lies&Distortion

Tele-Afflicted
I did that to a two knob Strat pickguard. Way too white. It's in a box somewhere because I didn't want to bother with installing it. Maybe when I change strings...