Regrets - I've had a few -

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Marshall_Stack, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

1998 CS 1951 Esquire aka Pinecaster - Closet Classic

aka "The One That Got Away"

[​IMG]

Saw this on CL 2 1/2 years ago. Most likely the ONLY CS ever on the Maine CL. The seller used to post here - really nice guy. He was an investor - he played also - but this is what he did with his retirement fund. He had a warehouse of guitars - mostly Reverends.
    This 2 pickup Esquire was the nicest guitar I have ever played. Quarter sawn neck, beefy V, no truss rod or skunk stripe, bright vibrant pine body, hot pups - definitely could ice pick if not rolled back, but easy to dial in a tone. Plugged into a simple Champ - the definition of pick sensitive. Swoon.

He needed a quick sale, didn't have the COA. I don't want to remember what he asked for - pretty sure less than 2 bills.
    Middle of a divorce - million things going on - not a priority -
    I knew it was shallow to be thinking about buying an expensive guitar at a time like that - but I knew it was a chance of a lifetime.
    I think he got close to 3 for it - found the COA and sold it to someone in Japan.

Now I feel better - going go play loud with the new band.

2. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Had one of those once, wish I still did.....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.