Refinish in Nashville

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by guitarbth, Jul 20, 2019.

1. guitarbth

guitarbth NEW MEMBER!

Hello! Could anyone recommend a shop for refinishes in Nashville? I've got a 2001 natural Ash body Tele that I bought new, so it's been with me for awhile. I bought it because it just had a great feel to me, but the finish was never my favorite. I'm ready to change it to Blonde with a nitro finish.

Who would you trust in Nashville?

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Hello and Welcome!

Nashville is just not the place I would look first.

Too many dollars chasing too few guys with not enough time to please all their potential customers.

I'd look for some old coot in Clarksville, Paducah, Pulaski or Wartburg.

Maybe you should find a replacement body in the right color. Make sure the template for the bridge is the same.

OldDude2 likes this.
  3. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

You can try Guitar Mill or Bluesman Vintage, see if those guys do that kind of work. IIRC there's a few other dudes. It's probably worth it to ask folks at some of the guitar shops too.

You should be able to get someone to do a full job in reasonable time. Stripping that tele won't be fun though. I've got a guitar I want refinished but it really needs a top notch realistic looking job with suble relic etc...and most of the places are IMO sub par in that regard so I'm saving up over the next year to hopefully be able to afford historic makeovers.

4. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Eugene Moles

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.