Reeves Gabrels Railhammers

Carcinogen

Tele-Meister
Does anyone have experience with these? I just won a set, haven’t had a chance to install them yet. The only high output humbucker I’ve had experience with was an Invader, I don’t think I’ve had a lot of PAF experience. I’m putting them in a mahogany neck thru monstrosity from Ed Roman’s shop (I hate how much I like this guitar)

Anyways, I can pretty much only find

Attachments

• 66A57FD0-B390-4447-8EC8-8B7DB0AD6D79.jpeg
    66A57FD0-B390-4447-8EC8-8B7DB0AD6D79.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 8

Wooly Fox

Tele-Meister
Are these the same as the Railhammers you get in other Reverend guitars?

If so they are pretty raunchy when pushed, good for high gain with the ceramic magnets. I had a set of railhammers in my Sensai and they were pretty good sounding. I prefer low output pickups and wanted something different so moved it on.

Carcinogen

Tele-Meister
Are these the same as the Railhammers you get in other Reverend guitars?

If so they are pretty raunchy when pushed, good for high gain with the ceramic magnets. I had a set of railhammers in my Sensai and they were pretty good sounding. I prefer low output pickups and wanted something different so moved it on.
I think these ones have A5 magnets. I know high output pickups usually don’t go great with fuzz, I’m wondering how they’d pair with my current setup of EQD Arrows into a Fuzz War

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I think these ones have A5 magnets. I know high output pickups usually don’t go great with fuzz, I’m wondering how they’d pair with my current setup of EQD Arrows into a Fuzz War

I haven't tried those PUs, but my fav fuzz with Humbuckers is the Mayer Axis Fuzz, which was designed for Jimi when he was playing his Flying V.