1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Redwoods Hippie Folk Jazz. ...Wait, is that a telecaster?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by teletimetx, Feb 25, 2021.

1. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Once upon a time, maybe you are wandering around the Point Reyes area, on a trail in the margin between the headlands and the redwoods and there, outside a cabin/house at the edge of the woods is a scruffy looking group, musicians, because they're playing.

You recognize one of them, and at that moment, he knows you know, but as a wanderer, it’s not the thing to say, hey, I know you. Because you don’t, really, and it’s enough of a contact high to just wave and wander on, he’s kinda busy and you got wandering to do. He waves back.

Surely did not know at that time that his real name was Perry Miller.

Maybe shoulda stayed and listened, maybe not. A few years later, maybe you recognize that piano riff you heard, back near the redwoods. The record was released in 1974, over 45 years ago. Yeah, old stuff. Life lasts longer than you think it might, until it doesn’t.

I need to get back to wandering. Watch out, I might show up at your front door.

Maybe there was a prom shirt left over at the thrift store, not sure, but man, I do like that telecaster:

Jesse Colin Young.jpg

Found a picture from that day, but it's a bunch of water, no people:

off the coast 1972.jpg

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Jim W, fendrguitplayr and Frisco 57 like this.
  3. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Point Reyes is as near to Heaven as it gets.

4. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

It’s a bit cold, wet and windy most of the year for me to make that claim, but I do have a special affinity for the area. We have a family cabin in Inveress area that my Grandfather bought in the 70’s. No internet, phone or TV, just good old relaxation. We’ve had many nice family gatherings there over the years. I take my kids almost every summer and have a nice time exploring the sea shore and hanging around Tomales Bay. My cousins who live close by will come over for music jams in the evenings.

teletimetx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.