REDRAW! 2021 Drawing Winner: American Ultra Luxe Telecaster® - Transparent Surf Green

Warhol

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter

This member must have sent in the postcards to enter.

IMO there should be some kind of contest rule that bars this kind of situation.

BTW, thanks @Alex for having this contest!

So the first winner of this guitar had two posts...and the second winner has 2 less. Nice.

I don't know what the limitations are with the laws that govern contests. It may be that the contest must be open to all members.

TDPRI has 145,000+ members. My uniinformed guess is that 1% of the membership actively participates by posting. That's 1,450 members. On average there are 300 members online, posting or mostly lurking, at any given time.

The ratio of members to actively-participating members is skewed, extremely, to the former. The odds of winning a guitar are skewed, extremely, the same way.

+1

For me, it totally demotivates to participate in this kind of lottery.

At the start, when I saw the ad, I thought "hey, it's not stupid, I am going to become silver so I will no longer have these awful advertisements which constantly pollute the reading of this forum and in addition I might have the chance to win a Tele "... but in reality, paying a subscription to this forum is absolutely useless in terms of advertising (frankly it's too much) and the chances of winning the prizes are almost zero.

By the way congrats to the winner

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
what if next year, the forum does a special bonus pool for members who's posts generated the most viewed posts since that content creates username, ad opportunities, and subscriptions .. or even for members who generated the most liked posts... This random model is fine, but sort of outdated and impersonal for the current cimmunity-involved, gamification era. PM me and I can help you do it the right way... it can be done in addition to the existing giveaways.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
what if next year, the forum does a special bonus pool for members who's posts generated the most viewed posts since that content creates username, ad opportunities, and subscriptions .. or even for members who generated the most liked posts... This random model is fine, but sort of outdated and impersonal for the current cimmunity-involved, gamification era. PM me and I can help you do it the right way... it can be done in addition to the existing giveaways.

So just give the guitar to @brookdalebill?

mcmd

NEW MEMBER!
Silver Supporter
Well finally got the tele....UPS and I are now well acquainted!...my daughter loves it and says that it's her favoutite color ( ..and it is!)
..very sweet tele....some nice ash figuring coming through the finish.....will be well cared for.....

IMG_7818.jpg

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations to the winner! :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the "prizes" go to the folks that create the majority of the content that draws other folks to this forum.

Content draws traffic, and traffic generates dollars for the owners.

Strebs

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Well finally got the tele....UPS and I are now well acquainted!...my daughter loves it and says that it's her favoutite color ( ..and it is!)
..very sweet tele....some nice ash figuring coming through the finish.....will be well cared for.....

IMG_7818.jpg

Congrats! That's a beautiful guitar!

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter

IMG_7818.jpg
Beautiful guitar. Congratulations!