1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Rediscovering old sounds

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fakeocaster, Aug 6, 2018.

1. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted

I played a an outdoor jam earlier. One the backline amps was a Peavey Classic 410 that I used to own. I've been playing a deluxe reverb for a good few years. I plugged in a Tele and remembered what I use to like about it . The projection and punch were great. It brought back some great memories

nojazzhere, cactusrob and Chud like this.
  2. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Great amps. Had an early 90s 410 with the 410 extension cab. If I had hair to blow back, it would have done it.

RodeoTex and BB like this.
  3. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

How cool you got to play through a piece of gear you used to own! Sometimes you can go back.

fakeocaster likes this.
  4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Those are around fifty watts, right? I can see fifty watts into four tens sounding much better than twenty-two watts into one twelve, outside. INSIDE, though? I'd take a Deluxe Reverb anytime!

BB likes this.
  5. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted

I prefer the deluxe, and I don't normally play the kind of gigs that need that kind of power anymore. I didn't have it up full ...around half way was a great mixture of punch from the amp that works wonderfully with a Tele. No effects , and it was stiller fatter sounding than the Les Paul's other people played on the day

nojazzhere and BB like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.