Redemption Build

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Made my mini planing tool to hollow this thing out. Sorry not a better view but had worked on my banjo and didn't feel like bending down and dragging it out :lol:

received_454839932152760.jpeg

Dave

Macrogats

Friend of Leo's
Well, this has moved along a bit since I last ventured in. Looking good Dave. Chip away at the stone as they say. You’re doing better than me - I ain’t done Jack on any projects for months! All I’ve done is stare at bits of wood and doodle ideas on scrap!

That's why New Zealand is so much better.

Paging Dave Campbell, Mr Dave Campbell? He's not here, probably been eaten by a wombat or something. :twisted:

And how did I miss this first time around? Dang right - Aussies full of nasties, whereas Godzone is a LOT tamer! ;)

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
I basically work in spurts then have to rest. Most neck work I can do from the side of my bed, then lay down or nap when needed. About ready BTW to shoot my Brotherhood Build as sanding is also easy from bedside, the hospital even gave me a handy water tub the bodies conveniently sitting on top :lol:

I too live in a God zone. An hour from the Great Smoky Mountain national park,a half to a full hour away from 6 lakes with good fishing and don't get me started on the trout streams and rivers. To starve here is impossible unless you're incredibly lazy or tree hugger :lol:

Well good night friend and God bless

Dave

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I basically work in spurts then have to rest. Most neck work I can do from the side of my bed, then lay down or nap when needed. About ready BTW to shoot my Brotherhood Build as sanding is also easy from bedside, the hospital even gave me a handy water tub the bodies conveniently sitting on top :lol:

I too live in a God zone. An hour from the Great Smoky Mountain national park,a half to a full hour away from 6 lakes with good fishing and don't get me started on the trout streams and rivers. To starve here is impossible unless you're incredibly lazy or tree hugger :lol:

Well good night friend and God bless

Dave

The tree huggers are why you still have some trees to look at, otherwise they'd be 2" x4"s like 140 years ago. .:)

Forests are a resource, but they are also large, undeveloped swaths of land that can be converted for purposes such as agriculture and grazing. In North America, about half the forests in the eastern part of the continent were cut down for timber and farming between the 1600s and late 1800s, according to National Geographic.

https://www.livescience.com/27692-deforestation.html#:~:text=Deforestation is the permanent removal,for fuel, construction or manufacturing.

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Well boys and girls, it's been awhile. Not that I forgot giving God credit for every day. When I wake up every morning I praise God for it 😁. At the time I just got give out, the routing was inducing nerve problems I could ill afford with everything else going on. But the last few days, I've been working around this thing getting antsy and when I had to redo this thing slightly to do that control cavity on the Workbench I'd had enough lol. Of course I put my standard bottom on the router and nearly free handed disaster 😳

Up towards the headstock no issues, but as I approached those curves I got to thin 😭 (it's only 3/8" down but geez). Then I put the adapter on and wala, no more thin. Having an anchor some distance away (right hand) and just swinging the other end is much more precise d'oh 😱 lol. Well maybe I'll live long enough to do all this stuff 🤔.

Meanwhile trying to decide the wood for the X brace in the back. Good lord not for tone but for support and maybe NOT influence tone. I'm thinking softwood but haven't decided. Here's my choices so far to rip, L-R maple, cedar and birch

And the back, luan which I COULD stain mahogany instead of cover, decisions decisions 🤣

God bless you all 😉

Attachments

• received_3210152602605427.jpeg
    received_3210152602605427.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 21
  • received_721687978975762.jpeg
    received_721687978975762.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 23
  • received_1605845719790932.jpeg
    received_1605845719790932.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
  • received_614896766910015.jpeg
    received_614896766910015.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 23

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
I'll probably rip some birch into furring strips for the thin part. Overkill? Maybe but I don't want any future cracks. Don't mind building them but working on them is drudge lol 🤣