Redd Volkaert - New Interview

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Cody_J, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Crashbelt

Crashbelt Tele-Holic

Man that guy is a real legend. He makes complex technically difficult stuff seem effortless and with a smile!!

We just don't have much of that musical tradition in the UK (with the exception of Albert Lee who has never really taken off here despite his brilliance because this genre is not deeply rooted here as it is in the US).

I'm gonna confess that I was stoked when Redd 'liked' my NGD post when I got the refin 53 in my avatar. I happily accept the crumbs from the table of greatness:lol:.

spurgie79, suthol and Cody_J like this.
  2. Cody_J

Cody_J TDPRI Member

That's extremely helpful feedback, thank you. I really helps to hear what others want to learn more about during these interviews. I'll see if I can work that in to future stuff.

Also, I hope to do more with Redd in the future, so there's a chance I can circle back to that question. Can't say too much more for now, but I'm filing this question away just in case!

3. Cody_J

Cody_J TDPRI Member

Not to get too far in the weeds with this topic, but I think that is one of the benefits that we receive from social media -- the ability to connect with some of the people we admire. It's the coolest thing when one of our heroes interacts with us, especially on a topic that is germane to the source of our admiration. Cool stuff!

spurgie79 and rand z like this.
  4. Cody_J

Cody_J TDPRI Member

I apologize, I neglected to answer your question in my previous response. I spoke with Redd about the subject matter of the interview, but I did not send him specific questions ahead of time. What you watched was a genuine response to his first time hearing the questions.

I tell everyone the same thing prior to us starting interviews -- they will get a draft of the video prior to it ever going public. If there's something that they are not comfortable with, or that they simply want taken out, it comes out. So far, there has only been one person who has submitted an edit, and it was about 20 seconds and entirely understandable. With regard to Redd's interview, we discussed ahead of time the subjects, but he actually told me "ask whatever you want." He was an open book.

suthol and CapnCrunch like this.
  5. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

I wondered. It felt very spontaneous and not scripted, which also made it feel really genuine. I suppose with a different personality you might need to be more scripted, but the obvious spontaneity in this interview gave it a really great honest quality.

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Unless he's announcing a move back to Texas, there's no need for me to watch it.

:cry:

7. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Really cool interview.

8. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Afflicted

I'm almost halfway through the interview. Loving this! You're an excellent interviewer! I am new to the Redd fancamp, I only ever heard of him a couple years ago.

9. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Now do one with Clint Strong

10. Chuckboy

Chuckboy TDPRI Member

Yeah, no kidding.

Why would anyone move to Virginia, leaving Texas much less?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.