1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Red Wings or Penguins?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Hockey Rocker, May 20, 2008.

1. Telarkaster

Telarkaster Friend of Leo's

I was at my band practice last night and came home to watch the last 5 minutes. I was surprised that it was 2-0 Detroit at the time. I was even more surprised that the Red Wings scored twice more while I was watching.

I forget the stats, but overwhelmingly most of the time a team wins game 1 in the final they go on to win it all.

I just hope that Pittsburgh can make it interesting and come back, but Detroit was so impressive last night.

I guess I am rooting for the Penguins too, but I am in awe of the Red Wings.

2. markophonic

markophonic Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]
    :)

3. shades

shades Tele-Afflicted

Geez, those Redwings are tough...

:cool:

4. graphs

graphs Tele-Afflicted

i'm hoping the pens will come back a little stronger tomorrow night. gary roberts will be back in too - it was dumb to not have him playing last night.

detroit totally dominated that game though.

5. Twanginator

Twanginator Tele-Holic

The Red Wings looked good--gotta give them credit.

I hope the Penguins come out tonight and make a game of it.

6. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

GO LEAFS GO!

Oh yeah...Detroit in 6, maybe less. A sweep would be nice, but lately the NHL has been less predictable so anything goes.

Mike Bruce

7. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

Detroit has poise to go with their talent. I was impressed that they killed the four early penalties, particularly the goalie interference to Holmstrom. A lesser team could be de-railed by a single questionable call or certainly by continually biased officiating. Not the Red Wings. As a Ranger fan, I was happy to see the Wings weather the imbalance and come out on top in game one.

It will get tougher tonight. Pittsburg had their wake-up and the kids may be realizing that the goal is not to make it to the finals, but to win the cup. Pittsburgh has the horses, no question. Now it’s a matter of discipline and character. I picked the Wings in six, so I fully expect the Penguins to snag a couple before this is over. The first goal is always big, especially in game two.

8. hotgoalie11565

hotgoalie11565 Tele-Meister

I'm thinking Wings in 5.

Having said that, the Pens will win it within the next three years. With a young core of guys like Crosby, Malkin and Fleury, they'll be good for years to come.

9. graphs

graphs Tele-Afflicted

i am pretty excited to watch this game. might even crack a cold one :eek:

10. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

PPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSS

king-penguin-chick.jpg

You don't want none of this!

No, seriously, Pens.

11. zosofan

zosofan Tele-Meister

I'm rooting for the Pens, but after game one I don't know.
    It'd be nice if Holmstrom wasn't using the Pens goalie as a lawn chair half the time though.
    Oh well at least hes not as bad as that idiot from the Rangers in front of Brodeur.

12. graphs

graphs Tele-Afflicted

the pens are looking better, but not nearly good enough to beat this detroit team. they're gonna get swept at this rate.

13. zosofan

zosofan Tele-Meister

I'm starting to wonder if Pittsburgh is going to score a goal in this series, never mind win a game!

14. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

I don't know if I can watch any more of this. I'm not a Penguins fan, so it doesn't bother me a lot that they're losing, although I am rooting for them. But I wanted to see a competitive series. This is like watching an NHL team play a minor league team. Detroit's defense has Pittsburgh completely shut down. Detroit has the puck all the time.

If it's going to be like this I don't see any point in watching any more.

15. BLACKCAT69

BLACKCAT69 Friend of Leo's

So Pens fans....

Malkin said he was "tired". He'll soon be crying in his milk.

16. guitbusy

guitbusy TDPRI Member

Lets go Red Wings!

17. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

Wow. It will be interesting to see if Detroit can keep up this domination once the series moves to Pittsburgh. Right now the Penguins are on the losing side of my opening post key to the series; The Red Wings' defense is disrupting the Penguin's rush, forcing the play outside to the boards, winning the puck and breaking out with sustained control. Plus the pucks are going in and the PK is solid.

It's time for one of the NHL glory boys to light the red lamp with a good play once they get home, otherwise the Penguins are cooked.

18. hockey_head

hockey_head Tele-Meister

LOVE THOSE PENS BUT THEY NEED TO TAKE A PAGE FROM THE DETROIT "D" HANDBOOK AND TRY TO KEEP A MAN NEAR THE MIDDLE OF THE ICE IN THEIR OWN ZONE. I CAN'T COUNT HOW MANY TIMES A FORWARD DROP-PASSED OR SENT ONE BACKWARD AND THERE WAS NOBODY THERE EXCEPT MEN IN RED. THEY CAN'T GO ON CREATING CHANCES FOR THE WINGS THIS WAY.
    i'M GLAD TO ROBERTS PUT IN, THE PENS NEED A DISRUPTOR WHO CAN CREATE CHANCES.

19. Wardpike

Wardpike Friend of Leo's

Red Wings in 5 games.

Because CLEARY rocks!! And he's from Harbor Grace Newfoundland:
    an hour outside of the city I live in.

20. Stan Martin

Stan Martin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

the Wings look great

I think the Pens really need to make their hits count. The Red Wings give a check,but they get the puck. The Pens hit, but the focus is not on getting the puck. Unless Pittsburgh can get a man in the slot throwing junk at Osgood, I say Wings in 4.

btw-I don't have a dog in this fight. I just love watching good hockey. Frankly being in Boston and watching the pathetic team the Jacobs Brothers put on ice makes me ill. $4 hot dogs, $8 watered down beer to see a 3rd rate team is not right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.