Red Simpson--Guitar Player?

DrNickD

TDPRI Member
Do any of you know if Red Simpson is playing the lead on Truck Drivin' Fool (esp. Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves), or is it somebody else? I can't find any credit listings on the internet, and it's some pretty classic country picking.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Gene Moles or Gene Breeden. Both played at Capitol. Gene Breeden played/produced "I'm A Truck"

I played rhythm guitar on the "I'm A Truck" album. Does that count?:D
Gene Moles or Gene Breeden. Both played at Capitol. Gene Breeden played/produced "I'm A Truck"

I played rhythm guitar on the "I'm A Truck" album. Does that count?:D
Sure does.give us some info on that! What kind of guitars were used

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Gene Breeden played a '58 Telecaster and he had several 60's 335's.

He came up with a B string puller made out of bicycle parts, Don't make me elaborate.

Also, he had 3 palm pedals on one of the 335's that fit onto the Bigsby. A, G and B strings.

Gene Breeden would know more about what Gene Moles might of played. I talk to Gene B. on a regular basis. I could ask him if you like.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Gene Breeden played a '58 Telecaster and he had several 60's 335's.

He came up with a B string puller made out of bicycle parts, Don't make me elaborate.

Also, he had 3 palm pedals on one of the 335's that fit onto the Bigsby. A, G and B strings.

Gene Breeden would know more about what Gene Moles might of played. I talk to Gene B. on a regular basis. I could ask him if you like.
Wow - that’s cool info . That must have been some time you had . Hey rythm guitar sounded great. Great playing all around