1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Red Flag.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by iphanwong, Apr 8, 2013.

1. iphanwong

iphanwong TDPRI Member

Hey guys,

Looking around for a strat and came across this on Gumtree. (Australia's version of Craigslist).

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parramatta/guitars-amps/fender-stratocaster-92-mim/1017184948

But then I looked at the photos and saw everything was opened up and for some reason or another, a red flag popped up in my head. Is there anything that shouldn't be there/is badly connected/ I should look out for in the pictures of the electronics in the link below? Just wanted to know before I meet up with this guy hopefully!

https://plus.google.com/photos/1136...30654738881?banner=pwa&authkey=CN3b8Pvkhd7-ZA

Thanks guys!

2. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

The first link didn't work.

3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It has been technicianized like crazy. The copper shielding and the crappy soldering are dead giveaways. Also, I'm not sure what the wad of red wires do. It's all repairable, just depends on your skill and patience level.

4. electric

electric Tele-Holic

Just looks like he modded it to death. JMO. nothing you can't replace. Play it, you might be surprised.

5. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

How it plays and what price you can get it for will be your deciding factors. I don't know what a '92 MIM goes for where your located, I suppose you already know?

Looks in pretty decent shape.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.