1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Red Elm top loader esquire !!!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by es125tcd, Mar 9, 2011.

1. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

Finally got a chance to take some pics of my '59 toploader esquire build- specs on the guitar are: offset seam red elm body ( Keim Lumber, Charm Ohio-woodworkers paradise!!!) Mighty Mite Birdseye Maple neck, finish stripped with citristrip, washed with citristrip wash ( very thin factory finish , easy to strip ...) wiskered, 8 coats tru oil applied-( made this neck come alive !!!) pots, control plate from a MIJ 52 tele reissue, american std 3 way selector switch, tonerider hot classics bridge pup, electrosocket jack cup, fender 5 hole esquire white guard. body finished with 2 coats walnut briwax , sanded back, and 12 coats briwax golden oak for the color- Briwax has to be the "tru oil" of body finishes - if it shows a little wear, just polish more on !!!

2. xbearxau

xbearxau Tele-Meister

.............................and the pictures are ?????????:lol:

3. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

pics won't post... missing security token???

first off I know I'm not a computer wiz ... tried twice to get pics to post ,everything went well until it finished uploading , and i recieved the "missing security token" - my computer is run n ing window 7 operating system, and is 1 terrabyte, so I'm sure its new enough and quick enough- pics can also be found on photobucket, under my same user name, es125tcd . - Just wanted to show my new baby !!! FYI, GB

4. turmite

turmite Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These help?

Mike

5. richinva

richinva Tele-Meister

That's a strange looking Esquire................:D

Nice looking guitar, tho', details? Looks like cherry...........

Rich

6. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

wrong photobucket...

check es125tcd, ( had to set up new photobuck acct, couldn't post to the old one... don't know why) when i checked the photobucket acct, the esquire pics turned up- btw those are pics of my hamiltone/ strat - ( 1st build, that body is western big leaf maple, natural, tru oiled ...) look again, You'll find the "elmsquire" pics !!!

7. turmite

turmite Tele-Meister

Ya must mean these then! That looks like the elm I tried to use once...key words...."tried to use"! What I had was from a crotch and beautiful, but the grain was so interlocked I could not work it with hand tools. Not guitar related, but still couldn't work it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

red elm...

Crotch wood is almost unsplittable with a log splitter- I burn alot of blighted ( dutch elm disease ) red elm from my wife's grandparents farm to heat my garage/shop/man cave !!! it will make a 2 stage hyd pump groan !!!- The Amish in my area use it for road cart shafts ( their version of a t bucket roadster, powered by an "oatsmobile" !!!) Keim lumber had a beautiful piece that I cut the body from for $ 30.00 - 8/4 thickness, If I had done my homework I would have bought a piece that was about 6" longer, and could have got 2 bodies from it- BTW, just bought a piece of alder that will yeild 3 bodies ( center seamed , piece happened to be 98" long... took the calculatior and tape measure with me this time ...) Gonna buiild a Tele this time, so THE ADDICTION CONTINUES !!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.