recuring dreams

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Whatever your mental issues, and if you don't have any; take care folks. There is nothing wrong with being depressed, or being a litttle off. Remember that Geoges jones, or jerrry lee or elvis had them.
I send mojo your way folks.

guitar_paul1

Tele-Afflicted
Tiny bit off topic but dream related:
Several years ago I had an unusually long and vivid dream. So much so that I wrote it down in 4 pages.
At one point I was in a weird warpy bowling alley and there was this guy trying to impress a lady with his fancy custom carrying case and custom bowling balls.
The next day I was going to a pawn shop with a friend and I mentioned the unusual dream to him.
As soon as we entered the pawn shop, the proprietor announced:"Can I interest you in a set of bowling balls?"
Very odd.

stratisfied

Tele-Afflicted
I have a recurring dream where I leave a familiar place and can't find my way back. It plays out in different variations like I'm at a resort and walk past restaurants and shops and wind up behind some huge warehouse buildings with hundreds of dock doors (I worked in logistics and designed and built distribution warehouses like Amazon uses). I just keep walking for miles unable to get back to where I started. The locales change, sometimes during the same dream sequence , I'll suddenly find myself at a downtown hi-rise hotel for business meetings, go out a side lobby door and am unable to find my way back to the door walked out of. I wander for blocks, take a cab, get closer, but never reach the door I exited. It goes on and on at multiple locales like airports, hospitals, my hometown, you name it. I interpret this as me subconsciously wanting to go back to a certain place in time and circumstance but being unable to do so.

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I’ve been retired for a little more than a year and I have recurring dreams. Not the same dream over and over again, but different situations, different locations, and different characters. They’re all work related. I’m dreaming I’m still working. Sometimes my employer is vague but I’m still working. The dreams aren’t nightmares. In fact some of them I don’t want to wake up from, especially those where I’m doing things that that would have me hauled up to HR. I’m not complaining, but I’d like to retire from this new employer and be done with this going to work nonsense.
When I first retired, and even now occasionally I dream I'm back working. Sometimes I dream my old boss and I are out doing some groundwork on a project, and then I realize he's no longer living, and I just relax and let it run its course. I too get a little tired of dreaming of work, since I've been retired ten years now. Sometimes I have dreams of being back driving a truck, those seldom turn out well. I don't understand why I have bad dreams about driving, when in reality, I usually could handle whatever came up.

Last edited:

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
I have many recurring dreams. One that i recently thought about was: I'm in a car driving. But in reality, its as if I'm in a video game and driving the car from a spot where I can see the car on the screen ahead of me. But I'm also in the car itself at the same time and the car is going too fast and losing control because from the vantage point of where I'm controlling the car, the car that I see is getting way too far in front of my vision and I can no longer see the road..... If this makes sense.
If this makes sense...no not really but..interesting anyway;)

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
I know it might say something, but the most recurrig dream of mine is some kind of space ships or mililtiary ships and they are burning down the place. I can see the misiles or whatever and it is a big mess.

I have had that dream for at least 2 years, maybe 2 times a year.

Of course there are some other dreams, where i am stuck with elvira, but those are good dreams
View attachment 941693
wow that plastic really held up didn't it?

guitar_paul1

Tele-Afflicted
I have a recurring dream where I leave a familiar place and can't find my way back. It plays out in different variations like I'm at a resort and walk past restaurants and shops and wind up behind some huge warehouse buildings with hundreds of dock doors (I worked in logistics and designed and built distribution warehouses like Amazon uses). I just keep walking for miles unable to get back to where I started. The locales change, sometimes during the same dream sequence , I'll suddenly find myself at a downtown hi-rise hotel for business meetings, go out a side lobby door and am unable to find my way back to the door walked out of. I wander for blocks, take a cab, get closer, but never reach the door I exited. It goes on and on at multiple locales like airports, hospitals, my hometown, you name it. I interpret this as me subconsciously wanting to go back to a certain place in time and circumstance but being unable to do so.
I have that same dream every couple of months. Really.

Maybe we've passed by one another.

RoscoeElegante

Friend of Leo's
Oh, yeah. Several.
There's a class I didn't know I had, and now it's the last day, and I have to get to it to take its final exam. But it's in a building I've never been to. On a subject I can't b.s. In a room I either can't find or is in a windowless basement whose corridors narrow as I hustle down them until I'm actually, literally stuck. I call out for help and can sense people nearby, but either no one replies or...they speak only French.

I live in an ugly house I don't really recognize--with rooms I didn't know the house had. When I find those rooms, clearly someone lives in them, but I don't know who they are. And it smells like my brother's gym socks.

There's a damp, drippy basement-y room in the house I live in--with a wife whose face I can't quite see, whose voice I don't quite recognize, as she goes on and on that we should turn that awful room into the kids' new bedroom. "They'll be fine in there, all day. You wait and see."

I live in a house so big and rambling and maze-like that even though I know someone is breaking into it, I can't catch up with him, or find out quite where he broke in.

I'm with people I don't really know or like, and I've told some lie that I've had to tell many lies about since to keep the original lie hidden. But I can't quite remember the original lie, or the tangle of lies I've told since to sustain the original lie. The people I'm with seem to know that I'm lying, or don't care, or are stringing me along until I really humiliate myself/they can get me back for lying.

Some actual experiences, particularly my months/a year?--it's all a blur now--of being on-and-off homeless when I was 16-18, come back to me. I wake up in a church basement that I've broken into to get out of the cold, in the backseat of a blue-frosted-over car...but I can't quite wake up. I have to yell at myself, pull myself out of reliving those experiences, usually by dream-yelling, "Wake up, dammit, or you're going to drown here again!"

Abandonment, entrapment, violation, dishonest premises, aloneness are the big themes.

But there are also the VERY good ones. Mary Ann (from "Gilligan's Island"), Inger Stevens, Ann Margret, sharply specific and also happily gumbo'd memories of actual...events. And the one where I'm floating down my favorite Ontario river, yet also somehow in old Tiger Stadium (sigh), while That Great Song I Know I'll Write is playing, perfectly orchestrated, Tiger Stadium's velvety upper-deck-bestowed shadows/the northwoods' pines perfectly pitching the reverb. My kids smiling, playing, young, safe. Pets long gone to Doggie Heaven young, running, stretching, cuddling.

"Memory believes before knowing remembers." -Faulkner

Last edited:

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Recurring night terrors. As a child I regularly had a dream about a witch standing near the foot of my bed. I can‘t move or use my voice to call for help. She stands there smiling.

They tapered off as I got older. But I have had the occasional one as an adult. I still find them very unsettling.