recuring dreams

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I know it might say something, but the most recurrig dream of mine is some kind of space ships or mililtiary ships and they are burning down the place. I can see the misiles or whatever and it is a big mess.

I have had that dream for at least 2 years, maybe 2 times a year.

Of course there are some other dreams, where i am stuck with elvira, but those are good dreams
1642554225289.png

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Does this happen to anyone?

Some nights I'll have the same short dream snippet over and over again, on the same night.

It's usually something frustrating, like I'll dream I'm trying to stack boxes and the stack keeps falling over. There are other people standing around and I'll shout out to help stop the stack from tipping but no one helps. The whole dream probably lasts a few seconds. Then it starts over again.

Sometimes I'll half-wake up and think, "not again, why am I dreaming this again?!"

One thing I wonder about is do I always dream like this and only remember it on some nights, or do I dream like this only when my sleep is poor -- or, conversely, do dreams like this cause me to wake up and notice them?

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
I have many recurring dreams. One that i recently thought about was: I'm in a car driving. But in reality, its as if I'm in a video game and driving the car from a spot where I can see the car on the screen ahead of me. But I'm also in the car itself at the same time and the car is going too fast and losing control because from the vantage point of where I'm controlling the car, the car that I see is getting way too far in front of my vision and I can no longer see the road..... If this makes sense.

wacolo

Tele-Afflicted
There are two I have had most of my life, usually several times a year. The scenario is usually the same but location and specifics can change.

The first is I am in my house and random strangers come in and start going through the house and looking through things. I yell and scream at them to stop and get out but, though they know I am there they just ignore me.

The second is I am in a tall building or some kind of industrial structure. I have gone in there for a specific reason which I can never remember but then I cannot find my way out. And I just wander from floor to floor and room to room.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
There are two I have had most of my life, usually several times a year. The scenario is usually the same but location and specifics can change.

The first is I am in my house and random strangers come in and start going through the house and looking through things. I yell and scream at them to stop and get out but, though they know I am there they just ignore me.

The second is I am in a tall building or some kind of industrial structure. I have gone in there for a specific reason which I can never remember but then I cannot find my way out. And I just wander from floor to floor and room to room.
funny you should say that, i got my lock shut down, but every once in a while i will dream about people getting in. Let me check ly keys and lock...

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve been retired for a little more than a year and I have recurring dreams. Not the same dream over and over again, but different situations, different locations, and different characters. They’re all work related. I’m dreaming I’m still working. Sometimes my employer is vague but I’m still working. The dreams aren’t nightmares. In fact some of them I don’t want to wake up from, especially those where I’m doing things that that would have me hauled up to HR. I’m not complaining, but I’d like to retire from this new employer and be done with this going to work nonsense.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Does this happen to anyone?

Some nights I'll have the same short dream snippet over and over again, on the same night.

It's usually something frustrating, like I'll dream I'm trying to stack boxes and the stack keeps falling over. There are other people standing around and I'll shout out to help stop the stack from tipping but no one helps. The whole dream probably lasts a few seconds. Then it starts over again.

Sometimes I'll half-wake up and think, "not again, why am I dreaming this again?!"

One thing I wonder about is do I always dream like this and only remember it on some nights, or do I dream like this only when my sleep is poor -- or, conversely, do dreams like this cause me to wake up and notice them
Do i always dream like this ? There is a song in there.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
No dreams..or never remember..
Perhaps for 10 seconds after wake and then
whoosh gone..

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
The only recurring one that I get revolves around an event that happened in the military....I would give almost anything to never have that dream again, but it shows up about once per week.

Sometimes a memory is not so desireable.
First off I don't cure my dreams to start with. ;)

A dear friend of mine who was an assault man in the Marines and served us in Vietnam, has these. I didn't want to know, but when he's drunk he tells me anyway...plus about his actual experiences.

It makes my dreams about my ex and her new guy seem almost pleasant.

Thanks for your service.

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
How about dreams that don't so much recur but is the same "entity" each time in different scenarios that are extremely disturbing for whatever reason, even if there is no apparent reason why they should be?

1. I had one where I (about 16-17 yr old) was riding passenger in a car driven by my uncle (not one I am very close to) though I never saw him, I "knew" it was him driving down a country road. Off in the middle of a cow pasture outside the window was a young blonde girl (like 12-15) just facing me in a VERY menacing way. She had no face, no expression, made no gestures, but was scary AF! By no face, I mean there was nothing where the face should be, not blank skin, or deformed, not even blackness, just nothing.

Note: The "girl" is not really a girl. She's a demon or ghost or something.

2. Next time was a few years later. I "woke" to the sound of a young girl's giggle, "teehee...heeheehee" repeating and getting closer each time. It was coming from somewhere in the house, but not visible to me. I am in my bed flat on my back, paralyzed (full on sleep paralysis), staring at the open door, hollering for someone to come wake me up before the girl gets to me. My mother eventually stuck her head in the door (didn't say a word) and instantly I could move and sat up, thinking it was done. "Holy shoot! That was creeepy! Did you hear me yelling to wake me up?" Mom: "No, you were just grunting". Then she goes back to bed. (that was real, not dream)

"Teeheee, heehee". You got to be SHOOTING ME! I was awake and it started again. I jumped out of bed, and ran out to the kitchen to brew coffee. No more sleeping tonight!

True story. No exaggeration. Still creeps me out to this day.

Recurring dreams...I have them about being in prison all the time, all kinds of different ones. I did 2 (of 3) years IRL, and it NEVER goes away. Once in prison, always in "prison".

Last edited:

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
I have two and they're both school related. One is where I'm naked and trying to slip out of school without anyone noticing. The second is I'm headed into an end-term test, but I've missed almost every class that year and I'm unprepared.

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t think I have recurring dreams but I have dreams that seem real but are waaaaay out there. They are so much a “living” thing but they are totally unreal

I’ve also had night/dream terrors. Horrifying and I can’t move or wake up.

I’ll take a weird dream over the terrors.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
The only recurring one that I get revolves around an event that happened in the military....I would give almost anything to never have that dream again, but it shows up about once per week.

Sometimes a memory is not so desireable.

You hang in there, and i will. Not that you want read my post but still.

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have had recurring dreams about the woods behind my parents house and the stream that runs through it since I was a kid. They aren’t as frequent as they used to be. My most recent one was a couple months ago and it was probably a couple years since the one previous.

The interesting thing about it to me is that the location is the same but details are different every time. The stream might be a lake or the woods can be a port with ships docked at it. In the most recent one there was a big cliff with a town below it and people were jumping of the ledge.

The only reason I can come up with for dreaming about this location so much is that the woods and stream fascinated me as a kid and a friend and I used to go exploring back there.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
How about dreams that don't so much recur but is the same "entity" each time in different scenarios that are extremely disturbing for whatever reason, even if there is no apparent reason why they should be?

1. I had one where I (about 16-17 yr old) was riding passenger in a car driven by my uncle (not one I am very close to) though I never saw him, I "knew" it was him driving down a country road. Off in the middle of a cow pasture outside the window was a young blonde girl (like 12-15) just facing me in a VERY menacing way. She had no face, no expression, made no gestures, but was scary AF! By no face, I mean there was nothing where the face should be, not blank skin, or deformed, not even blackness, just nothing.

Note: The "girl" is not really a girl. She's a demon or ghost or something.

2. Next time was a few years later. I "woke" to the sound of a young girl's giggle, "teehee...heeheehee" repeating and getting closer each time. It was coming from somewhere in the house, but not visible to me. I am in my bed flat on my back, paralyzed (full on sleep paralysis), staring at the open door, hollering for someone to come wake me up before the girl gets to me. My mother eventually stuck her head in the door (didn't say a word) and instantly I could move and sat up, thinking it was done. "Holy shoot! That was creeepy! Did you hear me yelling to wake me up?" Mom: "No, you were just grunting". Then she goes back to bed. (that was real, not dream)

"Teeheee, heehee". You got to be SHOOTING ME! I was awake and it started again. I jumped out of bed, and ran out to the kitchen to brew coffee. No more sleeping tonight!

True story. No exaggeration. Still creeps me out to this day.

Recurring dreams...I have them about being in prison all the time, all kinds of different ones. I did 2 (of 3) years IRL, and it NEVER goes away. Once in prison, always in "prison".
Sorry about about that dude. Next time you can' t sleep, please put some

and jam along.

I feel for you guys.