1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recs for a Nashville middle pup

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by oceanman2, Aug 29, 2011.

1. oceanman2

oceanman2 Tele-Meister

I've got a USA tele with standard bridge, and a SD Quarter pound neck pup. It's routed for a Nashville setup, and I've been kicking around the idea of getting a middle pup.

I play in a country band- old country, new country, little bit of rock, etc. Mine is a pretty bright tele, and I like the twang on the bridge. The SD QP has a warmer, thicker sound, and I'm pretty happy with it in the neck, though I'm tempted to try a mini bucker to wrestle more jazz tones. Unfortunately, I don't like my middle position sound. I think I'd love a 5-way switch and the ability to blend some more tones. What I'd want from the middle pup is, above all else, clarity- for arpeggios, strumming, chicken pickin- even through a little overdrive. Basically, I want a middle ground between twangsville at the bridge and bassy, jazzy tones at the neck.

Recommendations? What works for you?

(My apologies if this is an overdone thread topic!)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.