1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recording with my Blackstar Fly???

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by warthog, Apr 12, 2021.

1. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

So I had a session the other day recording and the engineer asked me what sound I was looking for and I told him that one of my favorite tones comes from my fuzz and little blackstar fly. He told me to go get the amp (I live in walking distance) and when I brought it back, he mic'd it up and.... WOW! The sound was amazing! We've been using this little amp with different pedals and guitars to get some killer sounds for this new project I'm working on. Too funny!

2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

I don't see why not. Skunk Baxter from Steely Dan used to do Elliott Randall's Reeling In The Years guitar solo into a 3 watt Pignose amp as a party trick....

warthog, fidopunk and stepvan like this.
  3. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, I record with my THR5. Did my last 3 albums with it.

I just bought the Blackstar as it's the only proper amp that fits in the pockets of my gig bag. In the warmer months I like to annoy the squirrels by playing in the park.

warthog and stepvan like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.