1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

recording amp, sounds horrible. Why??

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by gobi_grey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. cobaltu

cobaltu Tele-Meister

How EXACTLY are you monitoring?

Are you plugged into the monitor outputs on your interface? I have occasionally forgotten to mute monitoring from ProTools and hear both the monitored sound from both ProTools (delayed) and the low latency monitoring from my interface. The summed result is the same sound a few milliseconds apart and it sounds chorusey/phasey like int he video.

Try muting the playback from your DAW if this is the case.

2. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

I'm using the rca jack on my interface plugged into my monitors.
    If I'm hearing double monitoring, how would that carry over to an exported track? I exported that track to make the video.

3. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

I can forget to stop my monitor routing back to the mix on my desk which causes strange phasey sounds and distortions.. I hate the latency anyway and try to monitor both separately live.

I can hear the rasp.. could be something hot and clipping somewhere (but could be mechanical - touching?) but might just be the sound of the amp heard up close. I’d be moving the mic around and off axis to listen to changes.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.