Recommendations for old movie/TV discussion page?

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I've been watching this movie on and off for years.
I haven't grown tired of it yet at all.

17475.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Here's your first tune...

might have to practice that tricky bit at the end…

Right on the money! I'm thinkin' we'll do mostly electric punk versions of filthy cowboy songs.
Which should limit the venues that will actually book us. But what do we care? 🥴

dsutton24

Doctor of Teleocity
Check out Fathom Events. Casa Blanca is showing in theaters today and next Wednesday. The Quiet Man is being shown in March.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
I watched "A Bridge Too Far" recently after discovering that Major-General Roy Urquhart is buried in the churchyard near me.
Played in the movie by Shir Shaun Connery (a sh!te for shore
eyesh).

I was too young to remember it when it was on TV in the late 70s/early 80s.
An absolute stellar cast and highly recommended.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075784/

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
If you've never seen it, do yourself a huge favor and see A Damsel in Distress. A 1937 comedy that is just side splitting. George Burns, Gracie Allen and Fred Astaire. Gershwin does the music. Fantastic film that grossed about $1.5M Box Office. Hey, that was a lot of scratch back then.

HappyMangle

TDPRI Member
Will check this one out for sure. Thanks. Especially now with my new firestick streaming became an absolute pleasure. I added few good addons like it is recommended here and now i have a huge library of old and new movies available on it.

Rufus

Friend of Leo's
I kind of like Wagon Train. Each episode tells a different story. However in just about all the old westerns the good guys were really good and the bad guys were pretty bad.
To paraphrase the movie Stand By Me…” Wagon Train is a good show but did you ever notice that they never get anywhere? They just keep…Wagon Training. “

Or the movie Tin Men with Danny Devito and Richard Whatshisname from Jaws.
A table of aluminum siding hucksters were discussing the best show on tv. When Bonanza was mentioned, one of them said It wasn’t realistic because Ben Cartwright was a “53 year old father with three 47 year old sons!”

Rufus

Friend of Leo's
Here's your first tune...

might have to practice that tricky bit at the end…

The actor that played Festus (Ken Curtis) sang and played in the music group Sons of the Pioneers. He was featured in the greatest John Wayne western ever made, The Searchers, 1957.
During a break, Director John Ford heard Ken Curtis speak in one of the accidents he knew, a thick West Virginia drawl and said that’s the voice of your character. He and Jeffrey Hunter were competing for the same girl and had a funny fight scene.
It’s also the film where Buddy Holly got the phrase “That’ll be the day!”