1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recommendations for AB pedal setup

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Kmaxbrady, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

I use a single deluxe reverb. My pedal board chain is wah, tuner, EP boost, TC nova system, beat buddy, looper. What I want to do is add a couple of AB pedals.

The 1st will be at the beginning of the chain to give me the option to bypass the board and go strait to the vibrato channel input 1

The 2nd will be after the nova system and give me the option of going straight to the vibrato channel input 2, or going to the beat buddy and looper into the normal channel.

Basically what I want to accomplish is a quick way to bypass my board for the cleanest direct to amp signal, and then I want to split my looper/drum pedal into one channel and my guitar solos into the other. I can do this currently by switching cables around but I’d like to do it on the fly with a quick couple of buttons.
    I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, or any recommendations for an AB pedal that works well and won’t introduce any new noise into the signal.
    Thanks!!

2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Buy a switcher. You can go directly around anything or include anything. Cheap too, depending on how many options you want.
    I like the simple LoopMasters. They come in anything from 2 switches on up to 8 or more...
    https://www.loop-master.com/looper-p-29.html

northernguitar likes this.
  3. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

This doesn’t really address your question, just food for thought. If by any chance you have another amp to use for the beat buddy, you might run just the beat buddy through it. I use my Acoustic 50 watt bass amp for my beat buddy and it works great. You don’t really need to have the beat buddy recording into your looper because the beat buddy itself is, effectively, a loop. Frees you up a bit.

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. Bedder18

Bedder18 Tele-Meister

Two simple, passive A/B switches may be all you need- one in each location. Plenty of them available on Reverb..or you can make one yourself.

Or, you might find that a buffered AB switch is desired, depending on a lot of factors and personal tastes that would take ages to explore..

my advice? buy a simple passive switch and see if it works as you want in both locations before buying a second one (or a more expensive buffered output version of the same). It’s a small risk of money to see if the low cost option works for you.

5. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Afflicted

These have some useful options :

[​IMG]

You get 2 loops and a straight through, with level control and some different ways to split or mix

6. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

Just ordered 2 ehx switch blades, I’ll report back in how it works out!

Bedder18 likes this.
  7. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Afflicted

I realize the OP has already decided but the best off the shelf option I found was the Radial Twin-City ABY switch. With its 180° polarity reverse switch you can plug in to both channels of a Deluxe and use them together without phase cancellation. Also the ground lift switch can come in handy in some cases.

I have several Loop-Master pedals as well. They're very well built and I like that you can custom order what you want. The biggest downside is that it takes a while for your order to be built. A couple of times I've completely forgotten about my order only to have it show up in the mail one day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.