recommendations for a tele bridge pickup hot enough to pair with fender atomic humbuckers?

jeffchinn0321

TDPRI Member
I'm looking for a very hot telecaster bridge pickup that will pair well with a set of fender atomic humbuckers from a mexican toronado. Those are very hot, like 16k.

I would be using the fender atomic humbucker set as my neck and middle position, with the hot tele pickup in the bridge position.

Sort of a 3 pickup SG custom setup with a tele bridge pickup.

Does anybody have any recommendations or experience with this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking about a hot seymour duncan stacked humbucker "noiseless" tele bridge pickup.

I've often seen that SD single coils are not compatible with stock fender single coils in terms of polarity.

Would this be a problem with a set of fender atomic humbuckers from a mexican toronado and a seymour duncan stacked humbucker telecaster pickup?

My assumption is that with all 3 pickups being humbuckers, it wouldn't matter.

Thanks all,
-naneek
I'm b

jeffchinn0321

TDPRI Member
I'm building a tele and went with the fender deluxe drive but to myvdismay found that the bridge pickup didnt have the metal plate on the bottom yet they claim to have the tele twang I font know how that can be shame on you fender. These are very high output pickups which is what I need because I'm wireing series out of phase option and you need that output bvb for out of phase in order for it to be of any use.anyways I'm going to install these and see how they soundif they suck I'll send them back bought them on amazon. Then I'll go with a guy in washington that hand winds pickups that. Quoted me 85 plus shipping. Let me ask you all a question I'm trying to get into building and upgrading guitars . I paid 150 for a basswood body and maple neck will have about 150 I all fender parts wireing it for series parallel and out of phase will have. Either grease bucket or treble bleed in it jave 2. Days labor in it how much should I ask for this guitar?

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
A twin-rail humbucker. In the cheap seats, there's Vanson ( Vantec?, I forget ). Very good indeed. Hot as the hobs of hell on chili night. Although a humbucker, it retains the clarity and bite of a decent AlNiCo single coil.
Bigger-name twin-rail humbuckers are available. To me, they're a better bet than trying to push a single coil design to too hot levels.

Humbuckers

TDPRI Member
I'm building a tele and went with the fender deluxe drive but to myvdismay found that the bridge pickup didnt have the metal plate on the bottom yet they claim to have the tele twang I font know how that can be shame on you fender. These are very high output pickups which is what I need because I'm wireing series out of phase option and you need that output bvb for out of phase in order for it to be of any use.anyways I'm going to install these and see how they soundif they suck I'll send them back bought them on amazon. Then I'll go with a guy in washington that hand winds pickups that. Quoted me 85 plus shipping. Let me ask you all a question I'm trying to get into building and upgrading guitars . I paid 150 for a basswood body and maple neck will have about 150 I all fender parts wireing it for series parallel and out of phase will have. Either grease bucket or treble bleed in it jave 2. Days labor in it how much should I ask for this guitar?

Considering their specs, the Deluxe Drives sound pretty typically Tele like, especially compared to other hot Tele pickups:

Textele

Tele-Holic
I'm sure SD fans will argue with me ad nauseum, but IMO he deliberately wound his PUs in reverse of Fender (and most other companies) in a lame ploy to force people to buy a full set of SDs.

I am not going to argue with you.

But I seriously don't think that Seymour did that to sell "sets" of his pickups.

Wait a minute....... is this arguing??? ;)

Nah, carry on. :p

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm still getting to grips with my Quarter Pounder- but I like it better, than any rail humbucker, in a compact single coil format, that I ever tried. With the right amp settings, it's fat and rude- but still has a Tele bridge clarity and punch. It came fitted in the Japanese Squier, which followed me home, a while back.....

IMG_20220520_193908895.jpg