recommendations for a Co. that does mods...

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Donnie L, Oct 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Donnie L

Donnie L TDPRI Member

Hey Tele folks... please forgive me if this question has been discussed before ... I’m looking for a reliable, knowledgeable person or company that could mod a pedal I have. ...? I’ve dealt with a few folks in the past who were great but I was curious if any one knows some other folks I have not done biz with in the past...

I have a T-Rex Crunchy Frog that is a little bit too “shrill” and too much upper mid range ... I wonder who’s got the cure , or if anyone has modified this pedal already... I think it’s a really cool pedal with a blend /boost feature that I don’t see too much out there anymore ...

Thanks in advance for any replies ... CHASE THE TONE !!!

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Don't know who to recommend.
    Thought I'd have a look at a schematic, but can't seem to find one that will load on a page.
    When I made small 1 to 5 watt amps, I would have two input caps on a switch so I could darken the overall tone of the amp(.047 regular to .1 for dark). Thought you might be able to do something similar. Do you have a schematic?

3. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I believe that pedal is a Tube Screamer clone (or similar).

Following is a nice breakdown of the Tube Screamer circuit, which may provide useful.
    https://www.electrosmash.com/tube-screamer-analysis
    If you don't have the know-how, maybe find some local techie.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.