recommend me an interface to use on PC with protools.

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by vanguard, Jul 6, 2009.

1. vikki

vikki Tele-Meister

2. 62Caster

62Caster Tele-Meister

I bought a cheap mbox 1 for like 99 bucks...two XLR and 1/4''...can't beat it for the money... I use PT8 and it works fine

3. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

4. vikki

vikki Tele-Meister

:lol: its mostly positive
    Skully
    Don't worry i love my Sonar but i would give anything to just switch on and make music without a load of messing and glitches, i'm going to wait and see what the next issue brings, i take it the next version is called Sonar 9 i read they were going to change the name:rolleyes:
    Vikki(uk)

5. alonso mosley

alonso mosley TDPRI Member

I've been in your position, bub. Went the Digidesign route with a 002 Rack system and a PC. And i always got the feeling that i should've got more performance out of the bad ass CPU that was under the hood. It worked ok but the point about the converters is about right. I moved over to a RME Fireface 800 and there was, even to my admittedly non-professional ears, a worlds of difference in quality. Having abandoned the Digidesign hardware that meant i had to find a new piece of software to replace the Protools 7 i was more than comfortable using.
    I tried Cubase SX-found it too buggy. Then tried Sonar7. That was fine, though it was a bit buggy at points. However, Sonar 8 runs flawlessly on me PC. As recording software i find it just as good - once you've got over the initial learning curve that is inherent in adopting any program- as any of the other big hitters in the recording software arena. From a satisfied RME/Sonar customer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.