1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recommend me a (preferably inexpensive) USA-made graphic EQ pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by El Tele Lobo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

The Dano minis IMO are a PITA to re-house. Since the FnC has sliders, that would probably make it even more of a pain.

I think one possible solution would be to make a sheetmetal exoskeleton, basically shaped around the existing plastic enclosure, with cutouts for jacks, knobs, and switches. If you have a way to bend and cut sheetmetal, that could be durable, albeit probably a little ugly.

For me, the weakest link is the plastic in and out jacks. That would obviously require a more in-depth re-house, but IME, it's not worth it. I'd just spend more money on a similar pedal with the right parts and construction from the factory.

2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

I have the Boss GE-7 , it's ok. I dont use it much anymore. I used to though. I wouldn't call it great. Good for very minor adjustments, but seems like tone deficit for much adjustment. I had one previously with the "quiet mod" it was decent.

I had the MXR 10 band and it seemed far better to me. Shoulda kept it. Took it as part trade on some gear and played with it for a while.

3. Tyuk

Tyuk TDPRI Member

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks, guys. I'll check it out.

5. gitapik

gitapik Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Life’s been hectic, lately. Just saw this.

I wouldn’t say that it’s totally different. I like the stock GE-7. So do the guys at XACT. It just narrows down the parameters a bit. Makes it easier to get it right. Sharpens up an OD like nobody’s business. Killer with a Timmy or any pedal like that.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.