1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recommend me a crunchy distortion...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Danjabellza, Aug 1, 2016.

1. filmix2

filmix2 Tele-Holic

MXR Super Badass Distortion. Very Versatile. $99 new. Apparently a Guv'nor clone

2. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

Very little consensus. Good luck.

3. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

So, I ended up getting a pinnacle deluxe limited, which is contrary to my amp in a box aversion, but is awesome!!! I still need to tweak it a bit to dial in the sound in my head, but it's so much easier to get a useful sound than the sovereign i had before, and much less of a one trick pony compared to the Plexitone single. It feels and sounds like an amp, but not just the high gain cranked Marshall type thing. I like it a lot. And stacks incredibly well with my Duncan 805 pedal, not so well with my looking glass, but I like that one on its own anyway.

Coop47 likes this.
  4. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

My first thought.
    I've got both a Rat and a Turbo Rat - both very adjustable and both sound great.

5. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

Cmatmods Brownie will get you there.

6. Golem

Golem Tele-Holic

My favorite is the Jekyll & Hyde V3. There's a lot that pedal can do with the voicings and bright switch and the built-in noise gate and buffer (both of which can be turned off) means it's always the first pedal in my signal chain. The strokes made the V1 popular but I'm actually more fond of the V3 (the V2 was ugly as sin).

7. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

My friend won't shut up about his.

Congrats! I was thinking of suggesting the Catalinbread DLS which is also an amp-in-a-box, but delivers great crunch. It's a clone of a Marshall Super Lead and a Super Bass depending on how you set it. Never heard a Pinnacle, but wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same neighborhood.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.