1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

recommend a Trem pedal to build

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Stan Martin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Stan Martin

Stan Martin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

on the fairly inexpensive side

2. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

3. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

Roman, I've considered building a GGG trem. Do you like yours?

4. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

As I said, I built mine from scratch on perf board - based on the GGG schem, but I included some of the ROG mods.
    Yep, sounds great, very full/warm/organic (if you're looking for choppy helicopter sounds, this is NOT the right one to build); also, if you hit it with a booster, it will start to break up - in a nice gritty way, very swampy.
    Now, I do like the bias-tremolo on my Princeton Reverb clone even better, but for a pedal this is one of the better trems I tried!

5. metulmykul

metulmykul Tele-Holic

I agree with Roman. The EA is probably the way to go. I have built the Schaller/Hearthrob trem from scratch (mainly because i had the parts for it) but found it too helicopter/choppy. Not that it's bad; it does it very well but in hindsight, it wasn't what i was looking for. I've since built an EA as i found the Schaller a little limiting.

6. antiuser

antiuser Tele-Meister

I just came up with one today, while playing around with bits from my parts bin and my breadboard. I didn't have an opto-coupler so I just used a bright white LED on a NA555 flasher circuit and a photoresistor inside a film canister... the preamp was based on the SHO. It actually works quite well so I might just build a proper pedal out of it.

7. ToadLC

ToadLC Tele-Meister

+1 for the EA Tremolo. Just finished putting one together and it sounds great.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.