1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Recommend a tele bridge 'bucker please.

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by hector945, Mar 29, 2012.

1. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

Just split/tap the hot bridge pickup of your choice. It would balance with Fender single coil neck and you'd get cleaner middle position too. Distorted bridge position? Well, it's there in full mode.

2. superlightweigh

superlightweigh Tele-Holic

I put a full size bucker in the neck at the same time. Just one I had laying around, its an ACH-1 from one of my Artcores, but I pulled the cover off it and wiped off some of the wax. Eventually I'll probably put something else in there, maybe a Jazz.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7029739239/in/photostream

3. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

The Chopper is a good pickup as is the Fast Track. Personally, I like Dimarzio pups....especially their humbucker tele pups. The Hot area is a great pickup, but a different animal than these..

I use a Tone Zone T and have been very pleased with it. After years of trying a different bridge pup every few months, the Tone Zone has stayed put for several years now and I have no jonz to swap it out for something 'new'.

We all recommend what we know and what works for us. What works for me (and for others) though, may sound like dog doo to you, so keep that in mind. Enjoy the ride and I hope you find the right one!

4. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Love the Lollar El Rayo. Brighter and less middy than most buckers, but roll down the tone and your into LP territory. With the tone all the way up it has a P90 quality. I have it connected to a 500k pot. Thats important since most buckers will sound muddy throught the typical tele 250k pot.

5. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Oops, I was thinking about a neck bucker in my previous post. the OP question is about a bridge bucker... Nevermind.

6. harphunt

harphunt TDPRI Member

I had both the '59 and original neck PU and they played very nice with each other.

peace

7. zooyuka

zooyuka Tele-Meister

I'm currently having a Little '59 and STR-1 installed in my Tele.

8. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

I just made this recommendation in another thread... I'd suggest Bill Lawrence's L298TL - inductance above a vintage Gibson PAF, strong voltage output, rich lows, astounding clarity without any harshness but plenty of bite. You can also use it in combination with Bill's Q-filter for sweet tones without losing the lows. I wouldn't claim it sounds like a humbucker - I wouldn't with any single-sized pickup - but it does capture a lot of the desirable performance of high inductance pickups without sacrificing clarity.

9. willc68

willc68 TDPRI Member

I just went with a Reilander Mudbucker in my pine Tele and I could not be happier with the sound.
    The bridge is a Klein and with the Reilander in there the sound is balanced nicely.
    I am for the most part a single coil player but I love the sound of this bucker.

10. semitone

semitone TDPRI Member

Hi Hector, I've got a Chopper T in a homemade 'tele.' It is very PAF-like, with similar harmonics, slightly rolled-off high end, and all. Play around with the string height.

barf

11. exluthier

exluthier Tele-Meister

I had a chopper T and currently play two lil '59s. I much prefer the duncans. The chopper T was too bright for me. Tried everything to darken it up. It's really voiced more like a high powered tele pickup rather than trying to mimic a PAF which the duncan does quite well. Currently a lil '59 in a tele that has a real PAF in the neck so I have a pretty good yard stick to measure it by.

12. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Dunno if you got one yet, but i would consider this depending on how you play. If you are one of those who likes to turn the guitar down to get cleaner sounds when using distortion, the lil 59 is one of the worse i've tried when it comes to that a lot either. As a HB tone with the knob on 10 they aren't bad, tho i didn't care for that. You might. I don't think you'll like it turned down tho. Like has been said, the mini buckers seem to be the proverbial jack of all trades, master of none. Haven't met one i liked yet. The best noiseless scenario i have found to date after years and years of trying a lot of things is a real full size HB that splits well. But then you are sacrificing the SC tone. None split and sound as good as a true SC, tho some are acceptably. I have yet to find anything that truly gives you the SC sound and FEEL (thats as important as the sound if not more) and is quiet regardless of size and design. But some do, so it all depends on how sensitive you are to tone and dynamics/feel.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.