fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
PJ

Fender Pro Jr Dually.png

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
In that price range, I’m a big fan of my Marshall Origin 20. I also wouldn’t hesitate to gig through an Orange Crush 35RT again. It was a fabulous little grab and go amp.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I've experience with the following that may meet your requirements:

Supro BK10
VHT Ultra 6 head (this one has many mods available/documented should you like to tinker)
Bugera G5 Infinium head 5/1/.5w
Monoprice Stage (f)Right 15/1w 611815

While different, they are all very good. Tons of reviews on YT. Happy Hunting!

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
Vox AC4C1-12...

Actually I'd talk to Jim at Lil Dawg and have him build me chassis build--like a 1 watt Chainsaw or Champster.

Then I buy a $50 Weber Sig or WGS Vet 10" speaker and make my own inexpensive cab. Easy and fun to do.

stormin1155

Tele-Holic
I've been playing for 50 years, have owned dozens of amps... Marshalls, Vox, Fender tweeds, blackface, silverface, all sorts of modeling amps... I currently have 5E3 and 5F1 clones... The amp I use 90% of the time is my Super Champ X2 with an upgraded Eminence Legend 1028K speaker. It's just a crazy good little amp! Very versatile, sounds good at low volumes, and can get as loud as I'll ever need.

feldkeen

TDPRI Member
I had a VHT special 6. Great for me. But it didn’t have that gain knob for tweeking in some low volume grit. Im sure it was able to with the push pull gain knob.

Jbnaxx

Tele-Holic
VHT Special 6 is a nice Fender-ish amp. The Quilter SuperBlock US blows it away in every respect………but it has no tubes.

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Sweetwater - you can get it cheaper than what is listed from them
Marshall DSL1HR 1W Tube Head - $350
Marshall MX112R 80W 1x12" Ext Cab$299

Bugera combos or heads. I swap the speakers and tubes. I own the Marshalls above, and also a Bugera V5 combo and T5 Head I use with a small orange 8" cab.

I have Mesa Boogies and other amps and I don't look down on the Bugeras.

IMG_4680.jpeg

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
Count me as two more votes for VHT. I have the Special 6 combo and the Ultra head. The Ultra has unique tone controls that take some getting used to (the owner's manual suggests that when you find "your sound," you write down how the controls are set, because it can be hard to find it again otherwise). If you typically play with moderate to heavy distortion, then the Ultra is a great choice. If you prefer a clean sound, or you're happy getting your distortion from pedals, or you just dig simplicity, the baseline Special 6 can't be beat in that price range.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Im looking for a smaller amp. Preferably tube. Preferably in the $500 or less price range. I don’t mind a mini head and cab. I’m not chasing a particular style because I have a few bigger amps already. I just need something I can move around easily and good for practicing at home. I’ve started looking online at Bogner V5, H&K Nanos, and Orange Micros. I could go a little higher to Fender Vibro Champ Reverb but would prefer around or under $500.

I DONT want a low quality budget amp that’s for beginners.

IF you can go higher on the new 68 Custom Vibro Champ, please do, its great

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
Vox AC10. All tube, sounds great, takes pedals well, and fairly light weight.

+1 for Pro Junior. Like the AC10, but has the Fender vibe (imo).

+1 for a music master bass amp, IF you can find one for $500 or under that isn't trashed. The issue with
MMBAs is the ones that have been maintained are going for more than $500, and the ones that haven't been maintained likely need to see a good tech and a speaker change... so you're likely to spend more than $500 either way. But they are AWESOME practice and small gig amps.

Richdonn

TDPRI Member
I have a Fender Bassbreaker 007, which can get a great Marshally sound. Has a footswitchable treble boost. I got a mint ltd edition, tweed with a greenback for $305.

GAS Giant

Tele-Meister
I've got a Supro Blues King 8 that I've been enjoying quite a bit - gives me one mighty watt. Playwood cab, custom speaker - it's been a lot of fun for me.

They also come in a five-watter with a ten inch speaker. The new designation is "delta Blues". Depending on what you are looking for (your ask is rather broad and non-specific) those might be worth checking out.

I've also got a Champ clone (3-6 watt depending on whether it's in triode or pentode mode) with a tone stack that gets rather loud an rude when I want it to. You should be able to find either a decent-condition silverface champ or a clone for somewhere in your range.
I picked up a guitar from the shop the other day and they had me make sure everything was ok first, so I plugged into one of these little Supros and it was fine and dandy, a good sounding and touch sensitive little amp.

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
I've been really pleased with a Milkman The Amp 50. It's one of those little pedalboard amps with a single preamp tube and a class D power amp. It is voiced kind of like a Princeton Reverb, and has reverb and tremolo. It's more than $500 ($699 list), but I got mine used for not much more than $500. I already had speaker cabinets to run it through; if you don't, it may be too expensive to get the amp and a cabinet.

The_Amp_Top_Final_Web_grande.png