Recalling patches Katana 50

Jazzguitar67

NEW MEMBER!
Recently bought Katana 50 modelling amp. Very basic manual came with it. I seem to be able to save settings for a sound I've got on the front panel. But how do I recall the settings from memory please? Thank you

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
You need to install the BOSS USB driver and BOSS Tone Studio on a computer and connect the amp to your computer. From Tone studio you can access all of the patches.

Here is the link to the BOSS Katana website. Find your amp, go to downloads and get the manual, drivers and Tone Studio.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I have 2-3 nice patches for each mode except the acoustic mode. I wrote then down in a small note book with 4 division, one for clean, one for Crunch, one for drive, and one for brown. I have my favorites memorized and can dial them in on the fly without the settings notebook.

I have come to see these as tone sculpting starting points. And I apply effects as desired.

For example, SRV's version of Voodoo Child is found in drive mode, the settings are G 12, B 2:15, M dimed, T 9 Boost on red 10.
Things like reverb is to taste, probably red set at 1-2. For more long reverbs I'd set the red to 3 for the sweetest Fender reverb tone. I get compliments all the time on the verb. No deep editing, all from the front panel.

I can save these foundation tones in my saver slots and I'm comfortable tweaking it from one of the foundation tones at a gig. But I bring my notebook for some tones just in case.

From that saved sound I can dial in the best Peter Green tone an amp has ever given me, basically just gain down to 9, a one knob tweak.

Also I like to stick with a tone for a playing.. I'm not using 10 tones. That's what I might do if I was in a cover band, but I prefer to develop a signature tone and play/tweak off of that.

I'm a KISS kind of player, "keep it stupid simple", or "keep it simple stupid". Choose the phrase that fits the occasion lol.

One of my main points is I don't need 120 user slots. I like the hands on approach.

Oh, I have the Kat Mk2 100 and the original Mk1 50 but it just sits in its box, I may sell it. It sounds as good as the Mk2.

Last edited: