Rebulidng Pedalboard. Advice Needed!

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Howdy, so I need to rebuild my small, in size and budget, pedalboard. What I have just isn't working well for the music I'm working on. Currently running a JHS 3 Series OD and Distortion and a Donner Yellow Fall delay into my Princeton loaded with a 12" Jensen P12Q.

I don't disliked the 3 series pedals at all but their tonality is just not what I'm looking for at the moment. The stuff we play is influenced by a wide variety of genres and decades but my style/sound is definitely rooted in the late 60's. The 3 series is just too modern sounding. I'm awaiting a new Greer Lightspeed, the sound of which I'm loving, and was looking for something to pair it with for our higher gain stuff which is in the vein of Weld era Neil Young. Any suggestions? Should I just look at a tweed in a box pedal? A preamp? Another low gain OD like a Nobels? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

johnnylaw

Friend of Leo's
For contrast with the Lightspeed, something more gainy and grainy, like a Marshall in a box or something. Maybe a Burn Unit.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
For contrast with the Lightspeed, something more gainy and grainy, like a Marshall in a box or something. Maybe a Burn Unit.
Ended up going with a Greer Tomahawk. Really like the sound and the main thing everyone says is how amp like it is in terms of reacting to picking dynamics and guitar volume knob. I also like that it has the option to run in 9 and 18 volts for different tone/feel.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Check out Sushi Box. The JC Emerald is a true trace of a JCM 800 preamp section including 2 12AX7 tubes. Yes, it sounds like a Marshall in a box more than any digital type.