Rebuilding a Telecaster in FL

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by GuitarPlayerFL, Nov 28, 2009.

1. GuitarPlayerFL

GuitarPlayerFL TDPRI Member

Hola. :)

I'm rebuilding my 1991 American Std after years of being out of service. I broke the truss rod and the pearl pick guard has yellowed...discoloring the finish of the guitar directly under the pickguard. The TBX tone control will be replaced by a standard tone control and a new neck (this time with a rosewood fingerboard) will be purchased.

I wanted to refinish the guitar in Surf Green, but a knowledgeable guitar guru here said it would be easier to buy a new, unfinished body and make one from scratch instead of trying to strip the color from this one which woule be a PITA.
    I'm not fond of the color, but I got it used and the price was right. It will retain the Duncan '54 pickup in the rear. Not sure what to put in the front, but I'm leaning toward a Duncan Alnico Pro II for the rhythm position.

The next guitar will be a parts guitar.....in Surf Green, of course. :cool:

My other Fender guitar is a MIJ Squier Stratocaster w/ Duncan SSL-1/SSL-1/Little '59. It's a favorite and I would put it up with any American Stratocaster for quality. Also using a Rivera Fandango...and playing in a Disco band. :eek:

I went from FL to SoCal, and now back to FL. I will have to post pics in the future as the rebuild comes along.

A couple of my old cars are below too....I also have to rebuild them! A 1965 Coronet and a 1963 Lincoln. (In the next message)

Carl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GuitarPlayerFL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to TDPRI !!

4. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome aboard Carl! You'll like it here.

Thanks for sharing pics with us.

Enjoy! :)

5. GuitarPlayerFL

Thank you! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.