Rebuilding a Telecaster in FL

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by GuitarPlayerFL, Nov 28, 2009.

1. GuitarPlayerFL

GuitarPlayerFL TDPRI Member

Hola. :)

I'm rebuilding my 1991 American Std after years of being out of service. I broke the truss rod and the pearl pick guard has yellowed...discoloring the finish of the guitar directly under the pickguard. The TBX tone control will be replaced by a standard tone control and a new neck (this time with a rosewood fingerboard) will be purchased.

I wanted to refinish the guitar in Surf Green, but a knowledgeable guitar guru here said it would be easier to buy a new, unfinished body and make one from scratch instead of trying to strip the color from this one which woule be a PITA.
    I'm not fond of the color, but I got it used and the price was right. It will retain the Duncan '54 pickup in the rear. Not sure what to put in the front, but I'm leaning toward a Duncan Alnico Pro II for the rhythm position.

The next guitar will be a parts guitar.....in Surf Green, of course. :cool:

My other Fender guitar is a MIJ Squier Stratocaster w/ Duncan SSL-1/SSL-1/Little '59. It's a favorite and I would put it up with any American Stratocaster for quality. Also using a Rivera Fandango...and playing in a Disco band. :eek:

I went from FL to SoCal, and now back to FL. I will have to post pics in the future as the rebuild comes along.

A couple of my old cars are below too....I also have to rebuild them! A 1965 Coronet and a 1963 Lincoln. (In the next message)

Carl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GuitarPlayerFL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to TDPRI !!

4. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome aboard Carl! You'll like it here.

Thanks for sharing pics with us.

Enjoy! :)

5. GuitarPlayerFL

Thank you! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.