REALLY?!!!!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by lowatter, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Wolverine’s guitar. He can really shred.

2. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Afflicted

I’d ask for the name and number of the “professional guitar artist” so I could look at their portfolio. I gotta see more examples of their work to estimate an appropriate value right? :confused:

Stiles likes this.
  3. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

Relic'ing your guitar is all about turning it into something fake. You relic it, and now it's a fake beat-up old guitar.

That being the case, you have to use "fake" as the standard – the faker it is, the better. This looks nothing like a beat-up old guitar, not even a really REALLY badly beat-up one. For that reason, it's one of the best relic'ing jobs I've ever seen. Way to go.

4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I actually like the body! the neck not so much.. but a new neck wont fit with the looks of the body.. so, Id like to think about it.. LOL

5. pixeljammer

pixeljammer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Remember when William S. Burroughs did that Nike commercial? It was one of his finest satirical tricks.

Greggorios likes this.
  6. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

It looks to be in mint condition... for a relic....

:D

tery, guitartwonk and Greggorios like this.
  7. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

3 peanuts were walking down the street, one was assaulted

P Thought and teletimetx like this.
  8. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Actually I almost like it for that reason. More of a caricature than a fake. Not that I'd own it.

9. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Looks like someone used that guitar to batter his way out of a granite mineshaft.
    Or maybe it fell out of the cargo hold of a commercial jet at 20000 feet into a rock quarry...

10. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

It’s a bit much for sure. But I like some relics. I own a few. I like some new. I own a few. I spose if I could only own one guitar and I didn’t kill myself, I’d prefer a newer looking guitar. But it really comes down to how it plays and sounds.

11. guitartwonk

guitartwonk Tele-Meister

No, I never saw it. I probably ought to. Of course Strummer never got to witness the Strummer tribute Tele as he sadly passed away in 2002. Were he still with us, there is no way we'd get a Strummer tribute Tele. It's exactly the sort of thing he'd say 'no' to. The original became so uniquely 'relic'd' because he played the living 5#1+ out of it and used to throw it across the stage to his guitar tech. If the guy caught it, it was considered a bonus. If not, it didn't matter because it's a Tele, and, well, it can take it.

I've had a partscaster Tele since 2006 which has had a fair amount of beating. It's the one I've had the longest, is my most beat-up guitar, but even that has no more than some buckle-rash, a few small dents, two or three cracks etc, but these things are so incredibly robust I can't even begin to understand the sheer brutal punishment you'd have to subject a guitar to, to get it looking like the one above. And that's part of why it just looks so fake.

Sort of like Kim Kardashian when she wore that studded leather jacket with a logo so obviously meant to look like 'Discharge' on the back. Now, if she were a massive fan of Discharge and could tell you all about the development of D-Core as a sub-genre of punk and its subsequent influence on thrash and speed metal, I'll quite happily eat humble pie, but, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

The fact it has a Fender decal when it's not one makes it doubly fake. No, not for me. [​IMG]

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

radiocaster and pixeljammer like this.
  12. Mosstone

Mosstone Tele-Meister

I don't mind relics that are well executed... I'd never buy one myself, but I don't think less of those who do. However, that guitar is not an example of a well executed relic... It looks like it was done with a carpet knife and a paint scraper. I wouldn't buy it for any amount of money. If someone gave it to me, I'd refinish it... Though the neck is a lost cause, I think.

Norrin Radd likes this.
  13. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

:(

14. pixeljammer

pixeljammer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Here you go:

Kim Kardashian doesn't really exist. She's just a manifestation of the dreams of all the B-grade brand managers in the world.

guitartwonk likes this.
  15. guitartwonk

guitartwonk Tele-Meister

Ha ha, actually, instead of ranting about the daft looking leather jacket I could've just said the Tele's fake, like Kim Kardashian. End-of.

[emoji106]

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

pixeljammer likes this.
  16. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

if i were to show a picture of a smashed guitar i would get grief for it! i see relic guitars as abused, i can't stand relic jobs personally even if it is done well sorry.

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

I think I'm sick to my stomach. I saw a similar piece of object d'art being created at a local GC by an employee hitting a previously sweet gold top Les Paul.

He was down to the wood until he rounded off where you're arm would hit (over a thousand years). I left when he started gouging digs and pounding dents.

How would you throw away money? I just don't get it.

lowatter likes this.
  18. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

It's definitely a choice of finish, like red or blue, but that's a little much. It's way too deliberate for me. I have an MJT body, and they do a good job:
    Lollar Relic.jpg

Norrin Radd, Esckrimador and lowatter like this.
  19. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Dat ain’t rite!

lowatter likes this.
  20. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

As the great philosopher Billy Idol said, "too much is never enough."

guitartwonk likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.