Real Tele Bass Bridge & Pickup

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by bkim, Dec 2, 2012.

1. bkim

bkim TDPRI Member

I made this a bridge a while ago--I made the rest too! Standard Tele sized chambered body. P/U in traditional route w/longer baseplate to fit the scale--31" Aluminum baseplate, solid brass saddles (3/8" if I remember correctly), SD 1/4lb SCP with custom aluminum baseplate w/tele mounting holes.

Attached Files:

2. robert spencer

robert spencer Tele-Holic

OMG! I think that`s about to best designed home brewed tele bass I have ever seen. Everything just looks right about it. The intrigal Bridge saddle arrangement is so Telelike but I have not seen it done before. Everyone uses seperate components to accomplish the same thing. Thanks for sharing. Take care. Bob

3. bkim

bkim TDPRI Member

Thanks for the good words--It is s Seymour Duncan Quarter pound Single Coil Precision. I cut the regular mounting ears off of the pickup and made a tele baseplate for it so it was just like a tele pickup

Attached Files:

4. robert spencer

Very cool use of the base plate adapter to get that SD in there. Take care. Bob

5. bkim

bkim TDPRI Member

6. robert spencer

bkim i see that you have one knob & the output jack in the switch plate. Will you explain to me the full extent of the adjustments available through this arrangement? Also you have a PM. Thanks & take care. Bob

7. Old Cane

Old Cane Poster Extraordinaire

That's cool.

8. BigDaveyTwinkle

BigDaveyTwinkle Tele-Meister

Well done. Really cool bass!

9. bkim

bkim TDPRI Member

To be honest--the switch isn't wired to anything. PU is wired straight to vol to jack. I have a route under the pickguard, so I may add another PU at some point and use the switch, or I may wire a cap into it and run a circuit like an esquire (vol/bypass/treble cut-actually that is a great idea, since I don't run a tone pot), but in reality, I'm very happy with the sound I have so I probably won't do anything.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.