1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ready to start Champ kit!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by harpdog, Nov 23, 2020.

1. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have been bookmarking all the sites suggested on various build threads here...clearing workbench space and ready to start my first amp!
    F0F9B7DA-CEEE-4088-84CD-003867616D9B.jpeg 8BEF6F48-0A98-474E-9DF8-BEAE998DE276.jpeg 832CB697-DB4A-4842-8F8C-E9F42E9A0DCF.jpeg

2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Subbed. I want to try building one next year after I get my first x-ray job.

Best of luck with your build.

3. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Thanks! Just a start till I get a few more soldering essentials.

3D41DE0A-B68D-48B8-9C39-E65A7A1C401B.jpeg 2EF21AEF-42DD-481B-A846-AF8F712E4D3D.jpeg

br000c likes this.
  4. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

Practice your soldering. Tin the tip first. When hot wipe it off with a damp sponge or paper towel and immediately melt some solder onto the tip. The solder will run where the flux drips, so twist the iron to get it to run around the tip. Add a little more solder as you do this. Wipe the terminals with a little alcohol on the manufactured terminals like the sockets as there might be some oil on them. When you solder the parts together add some solder where the tip meets the part(s). Having the solder touch the iron gets it liquid and it helps make a little bridge between the iron and the part. The liquid solder helps conduct the heat to the parts faster. The solder tends to run toward the heat of the iron and there is no penalty in moving the iron around to get the heat where it is needed. If you do not like the surface appearance you can reheat the joint and it should look better. If you know how to solder I will shut up now and back out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.