1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Re-Wired my Board with Squareplugs

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by knockeduptele, Nov 23, 2020.

1. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Holic

So having spent an enormous amount of time and effort (and cash) putting in isolated power supplies to my main board, the hums and buzzes were still there and it was all down to Jack casings touching each other creating loops, so a bit of tape was the practical solution, but since the pedals were all side access, I was looking for a better solution to allow tight spacing.

Pancake plugs like swithcrafts are fine and robust, but every now and then you get to the point where you have to put in something cheap and nasty just to make it fit - below is the typical kind of problem

IMG_1893.JPG

So the complete board as it was (with the lid off) a complete rats nest after a couple of years of swapping things round and squeezing it in.

IMG_1892.JPG

So rewired wiht squareplugs and 5 mm Van Damme patching cable and a bit of a tidy up it became this (screened box at the back to allow for three inserts into the chains for things like Wahs and other boards - it does feed out to three primary amp chains (A B and Acoustic), it became this:

IMG_1894.JPG

Much neater (apart from the service loops) but with the lid back on its only me that knows, and there are only a couple of bits of tape in there in case anything moves

IMG_1896.JPG

One day I might get guilty and rebuild the top but I will doubtless change it all round again (as you do)

And then back in the middle with its friends

IMG_1766.jpg

DeepDangler likes this.
  2. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

Did it solve the noise problem or just the spaghetti problem?

I recently bought some flat patch cables from TourGear Designs. They're tiny and seem quite nice so far. It's too early to tell if they'll last.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.