re Quilter 101 Reverb

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
I did some testing by putting both my Joyo AC Tone and AS (separately) with a separate reverb pedal directly in front of the MB45. I was surprised at how good it sounded (when dialed in well) and how quiet it was. I tend toward clean tones, so that might not work for anyone else..
I tend to play clean as well. The MB45's master volume and gain controls can be set to provide a wide range of cleans to decent crunch. Extreme distortion levels were not obtained by this player, however.

Ben Harmless

Poster Extraordinaire
I've been gigging my new Tone Block 202 (I could have gotten away with a 101 - you live, you learn) lately, and doing well. I use the non-scooped voicing with the gain all the way up, but generally a compressed-crunch with my volume rolled back. I don't use the limiter much, as it really seems to suck the life out of my guitar. YMMV. I haven't really gotten the EQ to a point where I feel like it's "home," but close. Bottom line is that the voicing is quite good, and I don't think anyone has cared one bit about the sound vs. my tube amps. It was a worthwhile investment. I'd do it again.