Re born Brent Mason style tele

Kurt80

NEW MEMBER!
Hey everyone, just wanted to share my excitement and the complete stoke that I have here tonight.

11 years ago my brother and I built a tele each. I was focused on building a Brent tele. I got the body, neck and ordered the pickups. I had curtis novak wind a neck mini hum.
I don't remember there being loaded control plates back then, or maybe I was too cheap to buy one. In any case I did my own wiring and looking back it was crap. It never worked like it should've.

Fast forward to now, after a busy job, 4 kids and a full on period of my life, I took the guitar apart, polished it, ordered a new, jerry donahue rear pickup as the old pickup was broken, and a shiny new loaded control plate in gold. I dropped it all off to a great luthier here and presto.

The guitar is a dream. Not to look at of course, it's seen its fair share of gigs, beers, and drops, but to play it's amazing. So full and Brent Nashville sounding. The front pickup is the other way to Brent's and is oh so jazzy. I just love it and am enjoying trying to re learn hotwired haha.

Take it easy everyone. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220420_222103.jpg
    20220420_222103.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 75

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
That’s cool! I would not have thought of the brown pearl/sunburst combo but looking at it, I really like it.

The guy who used to work on my amps had a parts Tele set up with that pickup arrangement and I only played it once briefly but the neck mini-HB was a very versatile eye-opener. It could do dark jazz and surprisingly bright yet full rock soloing with the tone and gain up. I never even got onto the other pickups but the guy did when demonstrating amp repairs and it was a fine-sounding setup.

Kurt80

NEW MEMBER!
The guitar tech is a rock guitarist and said he loved the front for that reasom also.

Thanks for sharing the stoke