Rawhide, Dead Kennedys

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Was able to play around a dozen shows with them in the 80s right out of high school. They had a weird dynamic and sometimes Jello seemed aloof. But Klaus was a super friendly dude. One of the straight up coolest things ever, I had a giant Pontiac Bonneville. Saw the RHCP at 688 in Atlanta and after the show they needed a ride and they piled into my beater to the Metroplex to catch the end of a Dead Kennedys show. We had a blast screwing around upstairs afterwards. Fun times.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Was able to play around a dozen shows with them in the 80s right out of high school. They had a weird dynamic and sometimes Jello seemed aloof. But Klaus was a super friendly dude. One of the straight up coolest things ever, I had a giant Pontiac Bonneville. Saw the RHCP at 688 in Atlanta and after the show they needed a ride and they piled into my beater to the Metroplex to catch the end of a Dead Kennedys show. We had a blast screwing around upstairs afterwards. Fun times.
Aloof ? Jello being jello i guess. It is fun to read stories of jello and al jourgensen recording together. Al being al, and jello cleaning up al's mess... there is a comedy movie in that.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Just realized there isn’t a good angle to photograph this suitable for this forum. And yes! I still have the arm band that came with it.
1664564092772.jpeg

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
That drummer and his country beat... You can feel the energy !

Too drunk to surf !

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Fresh Fruit will always be my favorite, but Plastic Surgery Disasters/NPFO was my introduction to DK around age 13-14 if I remember right, and I worked backward and forward from there.

Lots of stories about DK getting hassled in Big D over that very record. Same crew hassled Bad Brains and Suicidal for reasons you can guess. We had a real problem for many years there, a constant until I left in the late 80s.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Fresh Fruit will always be my favorite, but Plastic Surgery Disasters/NPFO was my introduction to DK around age 13-14 if I remember right, and I worked backward and forward from there.

Lots of stories about DK getting hassled in Big D over that very record. Same crew hassled Bad Brains and Suicidal for reasons you can guess. We had a real problem for many years there, a constant until I left in the late 80s.
jello got beaten up pretty bad because punks thought he was a sell out.

edit fresh fruit is an incredible record.