RARE Pathfinder on Local Classified!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gusfinley, Nov 11, 2019.

1. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

I spotted this on a local Classified site:

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/58114583

That price! :eek:

I say good luck!

I've seen Pathfinder priced less than $80 sitting for weeks on the local market with some never selling.

2. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

I have the stack (2004) version with 4 eight inch speakers, and I've turned down offers for close to $1000. I hang on to it because it would be so difficult to replace. It just sounds incredible.
    But, I've never played one of these, so sound and rarity would be difficult to judge. I do see these at $100 or so on EBay.

3. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

The 15r has a bit of a cult following but I'd never pay more than about $60 for one.

4. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I may be the contrarian but I have made hundreds if not thousands of dollars playing my Pathfinder at gigs

I would pay $150 for a second Pathfinder and I only paid 85 for my first one
    I guess I I would call it relative value to me, it's a hell of an amp but right now I just got money for strings haha

SweetClyde99 likes this.
  5. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's

Have played Pathfinders at countless rehearsals and gigs. Priceless to me.

SweetClyde99 likes this.
  6. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic

Most I ever paid was 135 for one. Do like that 15R though. They were 100 when new.

7. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

The MSR? I've been trying to get lucky with those.

I had an auction saved, pick up only. My family lives nearby. I got sidetracked working on a friends bike & missed the auction end. It sold for $120.

8. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

I see these come up in the $60 - $80 range a few times a year....

Maybe I should buy them up and fence them to TDPRI users!

GuitLoop likes this.
  9. slider313

slider313 Tele-Afflicted

Hmm......I thought you meant this Pathfinder.......................

[​IMG]

10. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

A wise man once said, “it’s far easier to come down to meet a man than to climb up in pursuit of one..”

Fretting out likes this.
  11. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Here’s one fairly local to me—no affiliation, I just spotted it earlier today. Maybe the owner is willing to negotiate/ship.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/d/edwardsville-rare-vox-pathfinder/6991676138.html

bender66 and nojazzhere like this.
  12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You can make fun of or criticize someone who asks too much for an item....or you can ridicule someone for asking too little. I too see Pathfinder 15Rs listed on ebay and Craigslist under $100 on occasion, but not often. Ask people who own and play them what THEY would sell for, and most say they're NOT for sale. Value of almost anything is determined by what a market will pay and what a seller will accept. My PF's are simply not for sale for what some of you say you would pay, and that's OK.....I'll just keep on playing them and fielding the compliments on how good they sound.
    BTW....one of mine is a PF chassis in a cabinet I built with four eights.....and it sounds great!.

Fretting out, studio1087 and bender66 like this.
  13. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

I just bought one for $100.

I’ve paid as little as $75 and as much as $119 new back when I got my first one at Cassio Music here in town.

$220 seems really steep. Great amps.

nojazzhere likes this.
  14. nojazzhere

I agree, $220 sounds steep TO ME......but then, how much does an AC15 cost?

15. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

I just take it as the seller being out of touch with reality. I watch for used vox items several times a day. The local used market is either terrible or wonderful depending on how you look at it - things that are already at GREAT prices just don't move. I've seen several $80 or less Pathfinders go nowhere.

There are also a bunch of people putting up items for ridiculous prices that never sell.

I did luck out about 6 months ago and picked up a Marshall 1960A 4x12 with V30's for $300!! Other people wanted $800 for theirs.

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. nojazzhere

Just sayin'....but if I saw any clean PF15Rs locally for $80 or less, I'd snap them up. I don't NEED any more, but at that price, they're a steal. Maybe the seller we're talking about is "out of touch with reality", or possibly he's just a little ahead of the curve. ;) The PF15Rs aren't being made anymore, and, to my knowledge, there's nothing comparable available.
    I would just add.....IF I didn't already have two of them....and IF the only one for sale was around $200, knowing how good they are, I would probably pay that much.

17. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Damn... maybe it's time to sell mine... lol

nojazzhere likes this.
  18. davo8411

davo8411 Tele-Meister

I have had a non "R" version for sale on local Craigslist forever at $60 - zero interest.

I also lucked into the separate head with two 10" speaker cabinet version a couple of years ago at a great price. There is now one at a local guitar store and they are asking $400.

nojazzhere likes this.
  19. nojazzhere

I would ask you.....which is more important?.....playing through a great little amp or the money?
    And.....I don't think the buying market has quite caught up to the higher asking prices....YET!
    I've mentioned before, not long ago I played in a band with another guitarist who used an AC15 while I used my PF15R with a 12" speaker.....and (honestly) I sounded as good if not better than he did. He like to load on the effects pedals, while I played "mostly" straight, unadulterated VOX.

20. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Holic

I have a Pathfinder 15R that I bought new in the mid 2000’s: I was home recording an album and my Blues Jr had just left me down, so I needed fast an affordable amp to finish the record.

Good little amp for sure, very portable and with a convincing tone.
    But I do not really get the kind of cult around it today, when we have so many portable, powerful and great sounding options available.

I’m currently using it a few times each year at a family house in the countryside where the amp stays, but I may consider selling it without much second thought.

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.