Random Daily Photos May 2022 Edition

belleswell

Tele-Meister
Hi.

Nice.

We had three deer cruise past our place two days ago, apparently. In the golf course next door. I didn't see them though. Living on the edge of greater Tokyo, it made the local news.

Pax/
Dean
What kind of camera and lens do you have. Those are excellent pictures.

The camera I'm using is a Canon SX 60 with 60 x digital zoom. I also use a tripod and
a remote shutter release. All of my photos are shot from inside my man cave studio,
shooting through either an Anderson insulated window or an Anderson sliding door.
Both the window and door have double panes of glass which I try to keep clean, however
the pics would be much sharper if I were to step outside and sit in one of my portable
pop-up blinds.

The distance I'm shooting is between 10 yards to a little over a hundred yards. It's nice
to be able to fill the frame with an Eagle at 100 yards, but at that range, the pics get
a little grainy. Still for what it cost, I can't complain.

One of the huge parts of getting the pics that I take is the pond, the woods, and the lack of
neighbors. My nearest neighbor is about a half mile away. The pond is a wildlife magnet.

The camera cost me $450 a couple years ago. The tri-pod was about $50 and the remote shutter
release cost about $20. The camera also takes excellent videos.

I'm thinking about getting a nice Nikon that will accommodate some Nikkor lenses I bought in
the 80's for my old Nikon FM (film) camera. I know that some of the new digital Nikon bodies
accept the old bayonet style lens mounts on Nikons made in the past. I have a few thousand dollars
at 80's prices tied up in some very nice Nikkor glass that sits gathering dust. It would be nice
to use them again.

Morels - They were just starting a couple of weeks ago,
and then we had a few 80 to 90 degree days. That ended the
early ones. Lately, we've had a few 40 to 60 degree days with
some rain, and they decided to try again. I've picked a couple
meals of them so far, and have been waiting another day or two
before getting the ones I left to grow a little more. I always
leave a couple to spore out for next year.

eAA2ksyh.jpg

gksF2DPh.jpg

My fave of 5 amps - # 177/800
XwA1NQah.jpg

22YA4jeh.jpg

I still can't find my guitar
AQoVWWFh.jpg

Crystal Planet #88/200
jRcO7tLh.jpg

Last edited:

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Adult Community, mostly retired Captains of Industry, "No Parking..." Sign applies to others

I nearly got into a fight with an older guy at a gig one time because I asked him, nicely, to move his golf cart that was blocking the loading area. He was drunk and started acting belligerent.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Out for dinner with the wife!

View attachment 984493
Hope you guys had a nice time but not being a serious cyclist those seats look like they're 1 step up from a medieval torture device. Maybe the "Vlad the Impaler" starter kit? Joking aside, they don't look very comfortable to somebody not familiar with them.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
I am getting tired of my wrist...keeps on plaguing me...recorded one track some days ago....and the reward came almost instantly.
Even small everyday stuff hurts like a mother....
Oh well I beat an infection and swelling of the carpal in the late 90's, so I'll just be patient and let it heal up.
But it is extremely boring :D Well I can take photos...haha.
001.JPG
002.JPG

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I am getting tired of my wrist...keeps on plaguing me...recorded one track some days ago....and the reward came almost instantly.
Oh well I beat an infection and swelling of the carpal in the late 90's, so I'll just be patient and let it heal up.
View attachment 987397 View attachment 987398

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
And your photos are appreciated! :)

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Turned the sprinklers on last week. Turned them off yesterday. Turn them back on end of upcoming week.
Springtime in the Rocky's.
I have had my sprinklers on. Turned them off last Thursday. We have had three inches of rain this week. Might turn them back on next week.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
View attachment 987397 View attachment 987398
I hope you recover soon!