Random Daily Photos May 2022 Edition

belleswell

Tele-Meister
Eagle
iuYi4Ngh.jpg

Wood duck with 8 ducklings - The first clutch hatched and we're anticipating 2 more females with more ducklings. When they first come into our pond from the adjoining thicket/swamp where they hatched, the female parades them around the pond showing them off to us. We watch them from inside. They come out of the swamp where they spend much of their day, and visit the pond to feed. Usually a couple times a day.

I feed the bluegills floating fish food pellets and any leftovers are gobbled up by the ducks.
As I walk around the pond throwing out the fish food, I announce myself to the ducks that are hiding
in the thicket/swamp not far from where I'm walking around the pond. "Throwing out the fish food, ducks."
I started saying this a couple years ago, as I scared them off a couple times before that just walking around the pond to feed the fish. Now they know my routine and stay put until I go inside. Then they come out of their hiding spot and head to the pond for some floating fish food pellets. I always through a little
more to accommodate them.
0TY4xbKh.jpg

Two headed, 4 legged Turkey
UhdEzhYh.jpg

Yoga for Turtles
GFK8hOdh.jpg

Two Toms
zeuGaQkh.jpg

Last edited:

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Didn’t think I’d find anything but a check on the UK register reveals that VXS902 is a 1950 last registered, presumably after a rebuild, 1st March 2017, log booked issued 30th March 2017. So, where is it now?