z4aakKfh.jpg

More of Wife's Artwork - Pastels
kObvIZah.jpg

HFk6UsEh.jpg

Last edited:

lowatter

Tele-Holic
Nice truck! 4.8 or 5.3?
Thanks! 4.3L Vortec V6. All stock with no bells or whistles except AT, AC, PS, PB and a CD player. Just what I was looking for when I found it on autotrader. I was the first caller when the owner listed it at $8,000 and he said if I bring cash I could get it for $7500. I was there within 1 1/2 hours. That was over 3 years ago and it only had 34,000 miles on it then. He was a nuclear engineer at a university and bought the truck new in 2007 when he retired. Kept in the garage and only used it for Lowes runs etc. The only things it needed was new tires because it still had the original tires on it that were 15 years old and it needed a lower front valance. It has a few light shopping cart scrapes but no dings and the interior is unbelievably like brand new.
I somewhat baby it although I don't have a garage for it. I only put 10,000 miles on it in over 3 years and it should last me the rest of my days if I take care of it. I'm 62 and at this rate if I make it to 80, it'll have around 100,000 miles on it when I kick the proverbial bucket.

Last edited:

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I posted pics of my new furniture on Bad Dog. When I got up this morning, my wife had already moved my guitars out of the way. She made the lamp from seashells we picked up last year (and I wrote a song called "Seashell Motel"). You can see pink flowers out the window (and I wrote a song called "Pink Allamanda"). Now you know my song naming secret (although I will draw the line at "dieffenbachia" - the green plant behind the Tele).

IMG_2372.jpg

Last edited:

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I posted pics of my new furniture on Bad Dog. When I got up this morning, my wife had already moved my guitars out of the way. She made the lamp from seashells we picked up last year (and I wrote a song called "Seashell Motel"). You can see pink flowers out the window (and I wrote a song called "Pink Allamanda). Now you know my song naming secret (although I will draw the line at "dieffenbachia" - the green plant behind the Tele).

View attachment 984604

I thought you said you didn't have a Tele?

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I thought you said you didn't have a Tele?

Arrived 10 days ago. My NGD thread shows my old furniture too.

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Beautifully detailed model stationary engine at East Pool mine museum, nr Redruth.
View attachment 984593

Oh man--very cool! Not nearly so elegant or historical, but when I was a pup my dad & I would fire up this little Jensen working model steam engine. I've been hauling it around for 50+ years. I miss him. Good times!

steam3.jpg

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Wow that is art. You should see my yard and fence … on second thought … I am not showing anyone :)
Thanks. :)

My brief from the 'project manager/financial controller' was basically "I have to look at it, so none of your usual 'agricultural' malarkey involving salvaged rusty corrugated iron, please"...

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks. :)

My brief from the 'project manager/financial controller' was basically "I have to look at it, so none of your usual 'agricultural' malarkey involving salvaged rusty corrugated iron, please"...
Hahaha perfect! My PM/financial controller actually does not want me working on anything like that anymore, I totally understand.