Friend of Leo's
Tree eaten by termites.

1F6DE552-9EEA-4C28-9578-8F5E35E9787D.jpeg

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Tree eaten by termites.

View attachment 945493
I swear I hadn’t seen your tree image when I posted what is a piling worn away over possibly 340 years where the ocean waves enter a river mouth at a sharp right turn.
This was at one time one of the few places ocean going trade ships could dock and unload at high tide. The access road has been called wharf lane going way back but it’s been closed to trade and converted to tourism for at least 100 years.
The stump of a piling is old but the boards behind it are much newer.

A1FA3956-D44D-499D-B1BE-061F3138D7C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I swear I hadn’t seen your tree image when I posted what is a piling worn away over possibly 340 years where the ocean waves enter a river mouth at a sharp right turn.
This was at one time one of the few places ocean going trade ships could dock and unload at high tide. The access road has been called wharf lane going way back but it’s been closed to trade and converted to tourism for at least 100 years.
The stump of a piling is old but the boards behind it are much newer.

View attachment 945557

That first picture I was trying to figure out. I thought is was old driftwood on a quartz counter top! Ah, sand!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
That first picture I was trying to figure out. I thought is was old driftwood on a quartz counter top! Ah, sand!
The Ogunquit beach sand is indeed quartz!
And I trick the viewer for fun too, sideways rotation.
A bit of garnet comes down the coast too and will separate in the wave action, maybe a specific weight thing?
So the darker contrasting color in this wet sand is the garnet and the lighter is quartz.

F791091D-A5AA-4DA1-B681-B373D4DF4C1D.jpeg

rz350

Friend of Leo's
Unlike the good old days when you wrapped clothes line around a spool on the exposed flywheel!
I remember wrapping many a rope with a knot on one end and a wooden handle on the other around the pulley on an old Briggs and Stratton engine, then cursing after about the fifth time when it wouldn't start.... ;) I also remember the old wind up starters...