Random Daily Photos August 2022 Edition

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Is it useful?

hmmm, I'm reluctant to say because I'm a slide novice & don't want to impugn the thing. For me it seems more a novelty but in skilled hands it might be just the thing.

The interior seam between steel & glass, although finished as well as I can imagine it being done, still seems pronounced & for some reason makes me uncomfortable. Hard to explain, & likely the operator & not the object. For me slides have been a bit like thumb picks--an ongoing quest.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
hmmm, I'm reluctant to say because I'm a slide novice & don't want to impugn the thing. For me it seems more a novelty but in skilled hands it might be just the thing.

The interior seam between steel & glass, although finished as well as I can imagine it being done, still seems pronounced & for some reason makes me uncomfortable. Hard to explain, & likely the operator & not the object. For me slides have been a bit like thumb picks--an ongoing quest.
About the interior, Diamond says
"We leave the internal walls 'unfinished', this allows the player to pad-out the slide to their individual preferences in regards to reducing the I.D. & general 'feel' of the slide internals."
I can't imagine needing to be able to swap from glass to steel mid song, but well, the "ongoing quest"!

These are my favourite Diamonds - for today.

20220815_164417.jpg

Tomorrow, who knows? I might wake up in a phosphor bronze mood.

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Gotta love people
Or try real hard at least, ‘specially in traffic!

On the subject of people who frequently disappoint, I was 400/600 dry sanding this body for a third coat of tung oil finish then down to the basement where I chose to cut up a t shirt since paper towels left lint lately.
Never had the lint problem but also think my old can of Minwax brand may be kaput and figured I’d use the Watco I don’t like as much, slower build and less gloss.
Flooded the thinline nicely and started the wipe down but pulled it off and it crashed to the dirty basement floor where it bounced at least twice with a resonant clanketyclanketyclank!

Dang, that’s my 2022 and I’m gettin’ used to it do rather than curse I hung it back up, wiped all the garden dirt off (all the plant pots are stored in this spot) with the still soaked application rag and picked a few embedded chunks out of the alder. Sorry no pics of the coating of dirt due to oily paws and urgency.
First two pics are dry but sanded and the third is flooded just before the fall...
A9A9C402-AF39-4BBE-94EF-93B0ED86E036.jpeg
B19F6BD0-AB2C-424B-8AC5-E8250FDFA6F6.jpeg
9FD90430-3A3F-4F5D-9D3D-DE70655408F5.jpeg
DF1F5D0A-CB6E-4574-A4B3-F7795F06DBCA.jpeg

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
These are after cleaning all the dirt out of the wet finish which was thankfully on the back.
I really hardly care about this sort of mishap because I put these guitars together to not exist when playing music. Looking at and feeling the contours of guitars is nice but just hardly matters compared to using them, and I literally want to not be aware of the guitar at all. So no controls besides a vol knob and technique. If I notice my guitar while playing it means it has something wrong with it!

B4376086-63C3-41F1-9322-1CEFE30694B7.jpeg
F99BFDE3-DDAF-4548-B25C-238939D46414.jpeg
45089627-D0B2-4771-8922-4D0B63961017.jpeg
F055510E-D1D1-4296-AFCB-ABEC81DB702A.jpeg

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
These are after cleaning all the dirt out of the wet finish which was thankfully on the back.
I really hardly care about this sort of mishap because I put these guitars together to not exist when playing music. Looking at and feeling the contours of guitars is nice but just hardly matters compared to using them, and I literally want to not be aware of the guitar at all. So no controls besides a vol knob and technique. If I notice my guitar while playing it means it has something wrong with it!

View attachment 1017354 View attachment 1017355 View attachment 1017356 View attachment 1017357

It’s not how you fall, it’s how you get back up, right? Nice recovery 👍

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Got to work and soon learned that today between 3&4pm, a 62yo woman staying where I work passed away while swimming at our beach. Folks I’ve known for ten years just casually as guests here, her husband is on the phone talking with family. Went around and cut some flowers since I’m the gardener; and snuck them outside his door because I didn’t want to be a busy body but he saw me from the porch and said thank you.
I could barely speak
D39EF987-580F-4E93-9C63-EED00C775C7F.jpeg