Random Daily Photos August 2022 Edition

belleswell

Tele-Meister
We have a few trails in our woods I try to
keep groomed. I've been a slacker this year on the trails
as I know there are at least four downed trees from storm damage.

I bought a 16" bar Stihl chainsaw 4 years ago and have used it a few times, but
I still hate it. The chance for injury seems high and my guitar
playing hands don't like the odds at all. I've got all of the safety
gear, but it still scares me.

For huge projects, I got the ph. number of a local tree trimmer/remover
I've used in the past. A large tree falling into our pond for example,
but for little projects, it's me.

Uh-oh - Perfect time to call an expert. Missed the turtles by that much. lol
Iu8rOI1h.jpg

Kingfisher
90BzVBXh.jpg

Pond View
trZVyPNh.jpg

Clover Lovers
BqX1qGlh.jpg

Eagle
0XPTQtVh.jpg

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Yours? What size?
That one is a rare (1950s?) K 14” hi hat made in Istanbul. I have a shameful lot of 50s 60s 70s vintage Zildjians but all A made in USA, some early hand hammered and others later machine hammered. I prefer the A sound but real vintage K is so damn beautiful looking!
Zildjians may say Istanbul on them but not be made in Istanbul, where this is the real thing.
843A2673-CF6B-4312-AB87-ABF3281434DF.jpeg
06686F0A-A58A-4642-9036-16C42AB7D8DB.jpeg

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Here we have three monarch caterpillars that should be going to chrysalis form in the morning, and three already chrysalis’ one on the left will probably become a butterfly tomorrow. Lousy pic but I don’t want to stress out the vulnerable stages.

F50D4149-3D92-49A0-ABA7-64DEE9B4F10C.jpeg

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It is well known that Jeff Beck is a hot rod fanatic-mechanic, a total car junkie.
He has now ventured into hybrid corn growing.
Beck said that as a musician he has, "a good ear for that field..."
~Thank you very much!

IMG_20220813_043542475~2.jpg

Last edited:

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Got new designs in mind or planning mods for the PR circuit?

I wanted to prototype my current D inspired project, but it's going to take a while to get a prototyping system up and running the way I want it. With the exception of bench testing a 5V power supply beforehand, I'm just going to build the amp and tweak it until it's right.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wanted to prototype my current D inspired project, but it's going to take a while to get a prototyping system up and running the way I want it. With the exception of bench testing a 5V power supply beforehand, I'm just going to build the amp and tweak it until it's right.
Going for a smaller 6v6 D style?
Or adding an extra D style gain stage to a BFPR circuit?
(My recall is you build BFPR style amps)
I have a D clone with smallish PT and small Classictone Bandmaster type OT on aluminum chassis, I guess under 30w and dont know why, probably PS voltages in the 300v range if I had to guess.
Hobby builders first attempt at a D and its not perfect, got a funny low frequency I would call it oscillation when PAB is engaged.
Lotta stuff in those circuits! Too much for some of us, I forget how to dial it back to a good setting if I keep adjusting knobs and get a worse sound.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
So I got up at 9:am (got to bed at 3:am) and this one was just cracking’ out! Dang I gotta get my wife to work so the pics are rushed, plus there were three hanging caterpillars last night and one already made a chrysalis this morning but two are still in their most vulnerable stage and they know it, so moving the screen for pics is a stress for them.
Here I am just out of bed…
464670C5-03F6-485E-8915-C6F5153C1E54.jpeg

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
@telemnemonics I'll eventually start a build thread for, but if I do that now, it will fill up with questions before I get any actual build content in there. Essentiallly, what I'm going to try to do is put the dumble overdrive circuit in the middle of a single channel Fender style circuit, but I'm borrowing more from the Traynor YGL-3 than Fender. The output will be a pair of EL34s, and the overdrive circuit similar to Dumble 183. The tonestack and reverb circuits similar to the YGL-3, although I'll be using a 12AT7 and Fender type reverb transformer for the reverb driver. The reverb will be pre-overdrive, while unconventional, it's what I want.