Random Daily Photos August 2022 Edition

That Cal Webway

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
$2 garage sale find today. Wheaties Jogometer.
I'm reading it was in a cereal box either in the 1940s or 1950s- whatevs. 2 5/8" diameter.
I'm a runner so I thought this was cool. Back then a jog would mean a quickened pace of walking... ymmv :)

IMG_20220811_173749741~2.jpg

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
The things in peoples front yards
61894D1C-80CC-4C1E-8CD1-AE8A569363B8.jpeg

And this dudes necromancer… doesn’t seem that strange because it’s closer to Halloween but it has been in his front yard for over a year now and has different seasonal garb, like it’s summer grass skirt, heck if you’re gonna have a 12 foot tall necromancer might as well get your money’s worth out of it
49B2F0C9-2A67-4597-9008-51E493DBC1E6.jpeg

Last edited:

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
Hard to argue with running. One of the fundamental human movements. For me it's mountain biking and weight lifting. For years it was wrestling and judo, but for the past few years I've slacked off on that, mainly due to fear of injury.
I hear ya. I have done Karate for a long time and have been injured a lot through that. The dojo has unfortunately (or fortunately) not reopened yet since the ol lockdown. I am worried about those ol sparing injuries but also miss it. Been thinking start lookin for a new place soon. One of the other students was also doin Judo, and he would show me stuff after class, on the mats. Yeow! I can totally see throwin out a back or breaking a neck.

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
I'm reading it was in a cereal box either in the 1940s or 1950s- whatevs. 2 5/8" diameter.
I'm a runner so I thought this was cool. Back then a jog would mean a quickened pace of walking... ymmv :)

View attachment 1015954
That would be a great face/skin for a tracking watch like a garmin or fitbit.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter

View attachment 1015954
How does it work? Does it work??

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I hear ya. I have done Karate for a long time and have been injured a lot through that. The dojo has unfortunately (or fortunately) not reopened yet since the ol lockdown. I am worried about those ol sparing injuries but also miss it. Been thinking start lookin for a new place soon. One of the other students was also doin Judo, and he would show me stuff after class, on the mats. Yeow! I can totally see throwin out a back or breaking a neck.
BJJ is a good happy medium. Much lower impact and injury prone than Judo or full contact Karate. And, a very good grappling base.

Judo, the gentle way! :lol: